1. Can you update us on what is going on with the band these days?
The band is currently going through about 20 songs and deciding what to keep, what to discard. Originally we planned to put out a full length through a cult underground label but due to whining and general lagging it looks likely we will do a split release or two with bands we share musical/ideological common ground with.
2. I remember in the early days you refereed the band as Demonic Winter Metal but these days the band id now known as Criminal Black Metal, how would you describe the differences between both labels?
That was not a moniker I came up with just something last minute that we now regret using. The whole record was rushed and should have never been released until we were ready. Maybe we will re-record some of the songs with proper vocals and recording. Criminal Black Metal refers to the criminal activities of the early 90's Black Metal scene. Anyone who has a problem with it should not listen to this genre of music as Black Metal holds no boundaries and there is so separation between who we are on and off stage.
3. I know that one of the band members has spent a year in jail for church desecration, have you ever had to do with wanna be black metalers thinking that you are crazy for doing this herioc deed?
I have encountered some who think it was stupid and pointless but they have never read a fanzine and likely entered the scene when it became normal and stupid as Death Metal became in the mid nineties. The building was ugly anyway with no architectual quality and looked much better after the painting!
4. Do you have any touring plans for the future?
If the demand is there and we can secure a full line-up perhaps. Unfortunately most in L.A are lazy and time wasters. It won't be a normal gig and I would like to have a Hate Group open the show perhaps some militant Muslims who would set off a bomb and kill the lowlifes who make up the audience.
5. Out off all the albums that you have recorded so far, which one are you the most satisfied with?
First and third. Second record sucks due to the problems I mentioned before. This is actually a problem most labels are having with new material thinking we will sound exactly as 15 years ago. A band as old as ours should be searching for new depths of Hell not giving the people exactly what they want as many do.
6. I know from reading bulletins and other interviews that you have a lot of hatred for a lot of the black metal fans in your hometown of Los Angeles, what is the cause for that hatred?
They are either White Trash racist types with little intelligence or Latino drug users who dont shower. They were pendants of ancient symbols they know nothing about and talk in ghetto slang and would never fistfight if confronted violently. They bring there stupid girlfriends and dress them in Black Metal fashion and do cocaine in the restrooms and piss on the ground.
7. I remember seeing that you had some plans to do some type of 70's film similar to Taxi Driver and other movies of that ilk, how would you describe your interest in that kind of thing?
I would like to make a film about a homeless cannibal living in the slums of Los Angeles. I had a subplot about a lowlife pimp who finds one of his female victims and starts a prostitution ring. Think of it as Henry Portrait Of A Serial Killer meets Street Trash. Paris Hilton could play the dead girl.
8. How would you describe your musical progress over the years and what direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?
More fucked up and urban. More influences from genres outside of Metal possibly Deathrock and early Industrial Noise. Think Coil, Christian Death members covering Burzum.
9. How has the reception been so far to your music from black metal fans worldwide?
Pretty good, just the labels have been stupid and cheap as always. I may self release and give to the true fans if they commit an illegal act and offer proof. No stupid drug usage or petty theft. Something to show their dedication to the true Criminal Black Metal scene. Maybe they can disrupt a townhall meeting of president Obama the Marxist New World Order puppet
10. You have a history in U.S black metal that goes as far back as the early 90's where do you feel you stand in the American black metal scene and what kind of influence do you feel you have on other bands in this country?
I dont stand anywhere, I mostly sit and watch the downward spiral of the scene I gave one year of my freedom for. I do have fans writing that seem to appreciate my rants and outlook on things and that gives me hope for the future.
11. Now that we are in a new decade what direction do you see black metal heading into during the next couple of years?
I see it dying unless it can become a political/anti-religious movement with clear ideological goals, organized recruitment of members and quality new acts.
12. What are some bands or music styles that have influenced your music and what are you listening to nowadays?
I listen to old stuff from the 80's/90's. Tangerine Dream, Godflesh, Burzum, Beherit, Sisters Of Mercy, and Skinny Puppy are my favorites. New bands are Xasthur, Brown Jenkins, Wigrid, and Drudkh.
13. How would you describe the lyrical content of the music?
Annihilate your temple
Return To ashes
Repent nothing, omit self-preservation.
14. This might be a funny question, what are your views on the dumb ass Christians being ignorant and saying the earthquake in Haiti was caused by devil worshipers when in fact that country is more of a Catholic and Voodoo country?
Haiti is cursed by a corrupt government and an out of control birthrate. I could care less about them until they show a willingness to pay back debt and become independent. The bible says the Jews will be in mourning until the day of rapture. Perhaps they are the true Jews and not the Ashkenazi Jews who make up 80 percent of Jews worldwide
15. Where do you draw your left hand path views from and what are some occultists, authors or organizations that have influenced your viewpoint?
Both Left-Hand Path and Right-Hand Path can be followed by a magical practitioner, as essentially they have the same goals. LHP philosophies include Luciferianism, Setianism, Thelema, Chaos Magic and magicians who deal in demonology. Don Webb and Michael Aquino have written some interesting books as well as Michael W. Ford.
16. I remember looking on your blogs and seeing one on the Qlipoth, what is that that interests you about the darker side of the Caballa?
Qlipoth can be interpreted as mystical worlds or entities merged with ideas derived from demonology.
17. Out off all the record labels that you have released stuff on so far, which one do you feel did the most to promote your music worldwide?
Wild Rags was the only so far to release our music and did okay job in my opinion.
Some feel him to be a rip-off but I can assure you labels these days are a hell of alot worse and offer laughable contracts. They are followers of Zalambur, a demon who presides over dishonest and fraudulent business transactions.
18. Do you feel that your biggest fan base is in your home state or do you feel that your music is better received in other states or Countries?
L.A is a disgusting vile pigpen. The L.A riots were the best thing to happen to it in my mind, but I have gotten used to it, and made it work as best I can. Fans generally dont belong to a specific region and I hail all who support my music regardless of where they reside.
19. What are some of your interests outside of music?
I like muscle cars mainly VR4, 300 ZX Twin Turbo and the new Dodge Challenger interest me. I like reptiles, fish, and most non loud animals. I enjoy roller coasters, sex, and UFC fighting. I like to engage in bar fights from time to time and have been kicked out of most of the dive bars in the L.A area. I also enjoy conservative talk radio hosts like Michael Savage and Alex Jones.
20. Any final words or thoughts?
Thanks for giving me a forum to spread my views. Look for new Ritual material in the form of split releases to come out shortly. Any labels interested in a re-release get in touch and please dont waste my time.