1. Arngrim is a raw black metal project with aspects of Germanic paganism and a misanthropic veiw of modern society.
2.Can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style that you have gone for on the recordings so far?
2. It has always been black metal but as the recordings went on the styling became more gritty more raw like a 4 track demo.
3.A lot of your lyrics cover Germanic Paganism and Sagas, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in this topic?
3. I am 44 and at the age of 24 I started to read into Germanic paganism and practiced it for many years and attended many þings. The Gods and nature run through us all. The Havamal is essential!
4.Lyrically you also cover misanthropy, how would you describe your misanthropic views?
4. Misanthropy is for me just a distrust in humanity and society. We are a destructive species and I believe we will be our own end!
5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Arngrim'?
5. The name of the project came from the old Germanic saga of Angantýr and his 12 berserkr sons.
6.Both of the band members have also played in other bands or projects, what is it that you being into the music that you have not been able to do with your previous groups?
6. Previous groups have been rock and always metal then from the age of 19 it's been black metal but alot of what I listen to isn't black metal these days. I appreciate all aspects of music.
7.Currently there are only 2 members in the band, are you open to expanding the line up or do you prefer to remain a duo?
Nope and the line up will always be my twin brother and I. We've always done music together.
8.So far all of your releases have been self released, are you open to working with a label in the future?
8. Nah I will always stay independent 💯
9.On a worldwide level, how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?
9. Yeah internationally it's been a good reception not so much in Australia.
10.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
10. I'll probably record more in another few years.. I'm pretty loose with it.
11.What are some of the bands or musical style that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
11. I listen to everything but I'll give a few examples..
Black metal- sargeist, old dark throne, old satyricon, Thyrfing, fintroll, falkenbach
Metal- old sepultura, iron maiden, wasp.
Death- cannibal corpes, nile
Rock- Pink Floyd, led zeppelin, journey, GnR
Rap- Sureño rap, Chicago and jacksonville drill rap and a little bit of woodie norteño rap.
And so on and so on
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12. I wished I could've been more insightful but it is what is and such is life....
https://arngrim.bandcamp.com/album/isolation-desolation-and-utter-hatred-3

No comments:
Post a Comment