1. Can you tell us a little bit about your project, when you formed and what you have accomplished so far?
It's a black metal band, started back in early 2006.
2. How would you describe your musical style?
Noisy bullshit nonsense.
3. How would you describe the lyrical content of the music?
It's all over the place, honestly.
4. What direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?
No idea. I have a few ideas for the next album, but it seems like the more albums I do, the more progressive they seem to get. Kind of similar to Celtic Frost's musical progression over the years (but nowhere near as great, of course). The soon to be released album has a plethora of different styles. A bit like my second release with Beneath The Fog, The Last Temptation Of Draclecarde, only I think this new album is about a thousand times better. I can't wait to see what my fans think about it.
5. Have you thought of getting a full line-up, or is this going to stay a 1 man project?
There will never be a full line up, that is for certain. I wouldn't mind doing vocals or guitar for another band or something, but DM will always be solo, because that's how I roll.
6. What do you hope to accomplish with Dark Metamorphis in the next couple of years?
I WANNA BE JUST LIKE DIMMU BORGIR!!!! I'm joking of course. In all honestly I just want to keep making music that fans of the genre can enjoy. I feel accomplished every time someone tells me they enjoy what they hear. It's (obviously) not for everyone, as even black metal fans seem a bit divided on it, but as long as I feel inspired, I'll keep making music, hopefully for years to come.
7. What are some of your influences as a musician?
Classical, gothic, and metal music. Also, a good deal of horror and fantasy films and video games.
8. What bands or musical styles are you listening to nowadays?
I've been listening to alot of Tobias Sammet's Avantasia recently, as well as Alice In Chains, Equilibrium Ablaze(RIP), King Diamond, Dark Lunacy, and The Black Satans.
9. Does Satanism, Occultism, or Paganism play any role in the music?
Not really. I guess i'm not "trve" enough for that.
10. What are some of your interests outside of music?
I don't want to bore you with that.
11. Ho would you describe the metal scene In South Carolina?
It's abysmal. Nothing but mallcore hipsters around SC.
12. Any final words or thoughts?
I know i've been a bit of a silly ass here, but I do want to give my sincere thanks to those out there who have supported me with their kind words and album purchases. I've been inspired many times by simply reading a nice Myspace comment. Oh, and keep an eye out on Beneath The Fog's website (www.beneath-the-fog.com) for my upcoming album as well, I'm not sure exactly when it will be released, but I will post updates on Myspace as soon as it is. As far as my biased opinion goes, it's the best DM album i've ever done and I'm really excited to hear some thoughts on it. Thank you for the interview, and have a great afternoon and/or evening.