1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
We are Funereus, we play funeral hexing black metal for the glory of the devil.
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
Our craft is old-school black metal, in the vein of early 90's black metal.
3. What is the meaning behind the band's name?
Funereus translates to Funeral in the ancient language.
4. How would you describe the lyrical content of the music?
Our lyrics are about worshiping the devil.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
The Gathering of shadows fests In Colorado, and Conjuring the dark II fest In Minneapolis, we channel the black energies thru our craft of black metal ritualistically profane the holy and rejoice in blasphemy is what describes a live Funereus ritual.
6. Are there any upcoming shows or tours coming up?
At this moment there is nothing scheduled.
7. How has your music been received so far by black metal fans worldwide?
The public has heard our music and have written numerous reviews on our demo and ep alike and most recent our split with Helsefyr (SWE), they describe our music as "Raw& Evil”, to us this tells us we are in the right path of Evil!
8. Out off all the releases that the band has put out so far which one are you the most satisfied with?
We are satisfied with all of our releases, but the most satisfying would have to be our first full length entitled "Profane Rite Of Morbid Glorification".
9. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music?
All I have to say is the early 90's wave of black metal.
10. How would you describe your views on Anti Christianity, Satanism and Occultism?
Christianity is for the enslavement of the weak, Satanism & occultism is that for the followers of the left hand path of Enlightenment.
11. Any final words or thoughts?
Funereus would like to thank Occult Black Metal Zine for the interview
Only Death Is Real!