Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Heretic Interview

 

1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band since the recording of the new album?


The recordings took place 4 years ago with the expectation to release it sooner than 2024. Infamous corona story after which the desire to do anything with the band slowly faded. We did a few shows which sparked the fire to start finishing the album again.


2.You have a new album coming out in the beginning of 2024, musically how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?


Not much, its just a bunch of new songs. To me its a perfect combination of everything we have done previously.


3.Your earlier releases had more of a 90's black metal style but over the years you have went for more of an 80's style and  also added in a lot of punk influences what was the decision behind going into this musical direction?


There is no conscious decision in the things we do. Its just a natural evolution.

For me the punk element has always been there hiding in the back. With Underdogs the punk element became a more focal point. It comes in waves because on this new album there is a more focal point on Black Metal in my opinion.


4.This is also going to be your first full length since 2016, can you tell us a little bit more about what has been going on during that time frame?


A lot of shows in support of Underdogs and writing songs for the new album of course.

7 years go by very fast and we are not the kind of band with a plan. We just do what feels right for us. I cant write an album just because people expect it. And i must say Underdogs had quite the durability.


5.A lot of your lyrics cover satanic and occult themes, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in the dark arts?


Its more than an interest, its a dedication, a desire, my will, my life. All i want to express is within these lyrics. The rest i rather keep to myself.


6.What are some of the other lyrical topics and subjects the bad has explored over the years?


Besides SATAN and sex there is not much more that has my interest to sing about.


7.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?


It looks like a Venom bootleg which in my book is always a good thing.

There is no special meaning behind it. It just looks good. I always prefer a naked girl on a cover over 4 oily naked men (sorry Manowar)


8.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?


I think its up to the audience to decide which were the best shows but according to me the most memorable shows have been : opening for Danzig and the EMM with Venom. Party-San, Steelchaos, the first reunion show in Oberhausen. Bulgaria. Quite a few actually. But hey we do this for the fun so mission accomplished.

The stage setting is very sober (unlike us) its all about exchanging energy between us and the audience. Let the music do the talking and just have a wild party.


9.Do you have any touring or show plans once the new album is released?


We don't really do tours. We do occasional shows which are comfortable to our enthusiasm.

At this moment nothing is set in stone. And of course you can expect a handful of shows in 2024 but its not according to any promotional plan for this album.


10.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music over the years by fans of extreme metal?


Beyond any expectation. The fact that amazes me the most is that people who don't listen to extreme metal/music have an interest in this band.


11.Are any of the band members currently involved with any other bands or musical projects these days?


Yes we all have our own musical projects going on besides Heretic but they will step out of the shadows once the time is right.


12.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?


I think i will keep my experimental tendencies for my side-projects. Heretic will remain the same. I think that this album is the zenith of what we are able to achieve in terms of sound. I don't have any plans nor desire to write new Heretic songs at the moment.


13.What are some of the bands or musical styles the band members are listening to nowadays?


In my case that has always been very diverse. And the same goes for my bandmates as well.

Danzig and all his former bands is something that has always been a steady preference for me. It really depends on my mood what i listen to. Currently there has been a variety of the following artists : Muse, Wovenhand, Maggot Heart, Righteous Brothers, Steve Earle, Kiss.


14.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?


I will those for my deathbed hahah. I would just like to thank you for the interest and support for this band.

Praise SATAN!!!


https://www.facebook.com/HereticManiacs

No comments:

Post a Comment