Friday, May 31, 2013
- The project is currently inactive. This allows me to focus on other projects.
2. According to what I read I find that the project is disbanding and that you where concentrating on your other 2 projects, can you tell us a little bit more about it?
- That question more or less answers itself. Focusing on two other projects as that is what I feel like doing right now.
3. How would you describe the musical sound that was presented on the ep?
- Atmospheric, melodic, ambient, melancholic, depressive.
4. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the ep explored?
- Anxiety, love and the loss of, personal journey, growth.
5. On the ep, you worked solo, how would you compare that to working with a full band?
- Different. However, I wrote all the material so it was more or less a matter of teaching material to other musicians and then playing it together.
6. What where some of the best shows the project played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
- Gasometer Hotel with Encircling Sea and Islands.
7. On a worldwide level how has the feedback to the music by fans of black metal?
- I am unsure. Probably good and bad.
8. Currently you are working on 2 other projects, can you tell us a little bit more about them and how they differ from the music you worked on in the past?
- The first project is a heavy, atmospheric rock band. I guess I could compare it to Deftones, Isis, Meshuggah and Will Haven. It is very big riffs, clean and harsh vocals with creative drumming.
The other is a punky hardcore/grindcore band. Heavily influenced by the early work of Napalm Death, Terrorizer, Mindsnare and Captain Cleanoff.
9. Does Occultism play any role in the music?
- No, not at all.
10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
- If anything does come from Nontinuum, it will probably be even less black metal and even more frowned upon by our local "black metal" peers.
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
- Rock, black metal, post rock, doom, sludge, hardcore, shoegaze.
12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
- Drinking and socialising (surprisingly).
13.Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?