1.Can you give us an introduction to the band for those that will be hearing of you for the first time?
1. Hermit Hill is Progressive Folk Black metal band. We try to bring together the rustic and primitive ferociousness of black and folk metal with progressive feeling riffs and song structure. We are still developing our style and have a long and hopefully rewarding path ahead of us for our sound.
2.When i listened to the music I heard alot of true black metal elements being mixed in with a lot of original parts, in your own words how would you describe your musical sound?
2. What I feel our sound is really about is being organic and uncanny. I want our music to sound like it was unearthed from a deep pit from a parallel history. I want to put modern or futuristic sounding riffs next to ones that sound ancient and fierce but at the same time make them feel off and unfamiliar as if discovering a both new and old culture. I hope that the more experienced we become the more we are able to live up to these words.
3.Can you tell us a little bit more about the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your music?
3. Our lyrics often explore many of the injustices in the world. Some of them story like such as "The Executioner" while others like "It Deteriorates" and "The Migration of Stars" do so on an allegorical level; exploring the frustration of an unexplained and forced existence or spiritual enigma. In our newer work we explore political hypocrisy and blindness to the needs of those that are different to ourselves.
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Hermit Hill'?
4. A hill for a hermit. A person who becomes a hermit has escaped from society and lives with themselves and nature. We like that idea; getting away from what existence has dealt to you and making your own worldview and philosophy.
5.Currently there are only 2 members in the band are you planning on expanding your line up or do you chose to remain a duo, and also how does it work out in live shows?
5. We are a two person band right now mostly due to lack of interest. We have had two bass players quit due to lack of time and commitment so far. We would love to have a full band with two guitar players, a bassist, drummer and keyboardist but Illinois is not the best place to find people willing to play in a black metal band. We keep our eyes open though.
6.What are some of the best shows that the band has played during its 2 years of being in existence and also how would you describe your stage performance?