1. Can you tell us a little bit about the project for those that have never heard of you before?
1. Uvikra is a Lithuanian one man band, Loikav being the lone member, that generally plays black metal.
2. When listening to your music I noticed the full length was more second wave black metal and the new ep is black/death, what made you decide to experiment with different styles on each release?
2. Afer finishing the first album I thought that its style was something I had done enough, and there wasn't anywhere left to go with it. I wasn't interested in writing anymore music like that with melodic, harmonious riffs, screamed vocals. Instead I wanted to do something uglier and even more straight forward, with chromatic riffs and low vocals. I wouldn't even call it experimenting, it was like a natural progression.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects that you explore with your music?
3. On the first album it's mostly about death in various ways, but usually with not a very serious tone. On the EP it's kind of reflective on daily life in general, and very vague. A lot of just writing whatever comes to mind.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
4. It's kind of a secret, so can't tell.
5. Currently you are only a solo project, are you planning on adding any members in the future or do you choose to remain solo?
5. I'm interested in adding members to make a proper band, and maybe playing live. I would be the drummer, and would need a bassist, two guitarists, and a vocalist. Or either of the guitarists or bassist could sing.
6. Have you participated in any other bands or is this your first project?
6. Other than some past non-metal projects of my own that are unreleased and fooling around with some friends, this is my first project.
7. Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label and if so what kind of label do you feel that would be a perfect fit for your music?
7. It would be nice to properly release my music on a legitimate label, but I don't know which type yet because my music varies in style with different releases, at least so far.
8.On a worldwide level how has your music been recieved by black metal fans that have heard the music so far?
8. I didn't get enough feedback to generalize yet. There's the occasional positive response or negative, but no general consensus.
9. What direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?
9. Currently I'm working on a second album which goes in a kind of progressive black/death metal direction.
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10. I've been influenced by a lot of the obvious bands that people first listen to when discovering metal, lots of old school death metal and first and second wave black metal, as well as indirect influences from various rock in general. Nowadays I listen to a little bit of lots of stuff, so can't name anything in particular.
11. How would you describe the metal scene in your home country of Lithuania?
11. There's not much of a scene that I know of. There are active bands here and there, and there are some shows in very small clubs in Vilnius, but I don't have contact with any of them personally.
12. Outside of music, what are some of your interests?
12. They're too insignificant to mention, I guess music is my main interest.
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
13. Thanks for the interview. Enjoy the music, all of which is out as free downloads at http://uvikra.bandcamp.com .