Tuesday, June 25, 2019

In Red Moon Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

Lord Morwan: "In Red Moon" is a project that arose from the need to make music that simply could not be done with my group, due to lack of instrumentation, time, commitment and above all; the ideology.
Also, it arises from the need to go beyond the parameters of a single musical genre, to create something through the fusion of styles.​
And finally, I could mention that In Red Moon is "my diary" I can even say that it has become a very egotistical project in which I only compose by and for myself without expecting it to be liked by others. but, hoping that someone understands what is hidden in each álbum.

2.So far you have released 3 albums, musically how do they all differ from each other?

L. M: Well, in fact I just released a 4th album a few hours ago and I can tell you that each record is very different from each other.
The 1st "In My Hands" is the search for that personal style, so you can find something with power metal style in the 2nd. track, or something of Gothic Rock like in the 5th track, of course, with some of that mix that I was looking for with Black Metal.​
The 2dn "This's My Past" is completely the style that I handle in my group "Requiem of Sorrow", a Black Metal worried about the melodies and accompaniments.​
The 3rd "Vampiric Necromantic Order" is special. In it, I am already handling the avant-garde and vampirist style that I have searched for and can be seen in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th tracks of the album.​
Finally, the 4th called "Instrumentalis Suite Sanguinentus" is that. It is a purely instrumental album in which, I leave the metal aside and I focus on creating something similar to a baroque suite but with harmonies of the twentieth century.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with the new album and also how would you describe your progress as songwriters over the years?

L. M: If you mean "Vampiric Necromantic Order" is the album that presents what is In Red Moon, and therefore the themes are totally vampiric and above all, very occultist because even the cover has a lot of meaning and of course, hence the name of the disk.
On the progress, in my opinion it has been very satisfactory since I have come to find the style that, for me, would be the essence of In Red Moon on this 3rd album.

4.You have also showed an interest in Satanism, Paganism, and Vampirism, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in these topics?

L. M: Well, in principle, I am a vampirist and from there most of the themes that I use both in my group and in this project.
On satanism and paganism, they are somewhat extensive topics, in which, in summary, I have come to see a certain relationship and contrasts of my interest as is the power and control over oneself and others.

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'In Red Moon'?

L. M: For the simple fact that this is how the project came about.
Since I turned to vampirsimo, I realized that everything has a reason and only you can decide what to do with it, if you follow or change the designs of the destination. Well, well when I came up with the idea of ​​carrying out the project I was on the verge of the red moon of April 2014, and when I finished all the album material "In My Hands" was in September of 2015 in the period of There was also a red moon, so it did not take much work to name the project, since I was born in that. in red moon.

6.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?

L. M: Again I suppose you refer to the 3rd album.
As I mentioned, it is the presentation of what is "in Red Moon" and is full of vampiric symbolism, pagan (wicca), and in general any trinitarian cult, which goes hand in hand with the name.​
In first and more obvious The 3 characters that symbolize my vampire trinity (5th track) the necromancer bishop who is the wise and adviser of. Lord Morwan, the lord of destiny altered, or you can also say as the controller of destiny, and finally. The sadistic jester of the great lord, who is responsible for giving "grotesque and gore" satisfaction to his lord.​
The other thing is the overcoming of the vampiric destruction, the sunlight y the water, hence the reason for a twilight and a river.​
Each one has a characteristic elements of what they represent.​
The Bishop, his book where is written the knowledge accumulated by him and where the fate of all is left, the red cingulate that represents the thread of destiny, and a pendant key that symbolizes the control over the actions of others.​
The Jester, his scepter with a crystal ball and a pendant pendulum with which he has fun choosing the fate of his victim, and a knife for when he makes a decision.​
Lord Morwan. A sword that represents power, an inverted cross of pendant that represents the disagreement of the Judeo-Christian god and other beliefs that do not see me as the only god and 3 rings that represent the domain of health, money and love.

7.With this project you record everything by yourself but also have experience working with a full band, how would you compare the two?

L. M: It's very different, because in the group, you depend on others to achieve something. On the other hand, with In Red Moon I do what I want and at any time without affecting the final result.

8.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?

L. M: Well I'm not looking for any in particular and I have not received any proposal yet, but I would not deny if any label was interested in my work

9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?

L. M: It has been very contrasting due to the fact that it does not go with the standards of traditional Black Metal, many do not accept the change or the mixtures of style that I use, but also, to others it seems an interesting proposal. but at the end of everything I only give importance to my opinion and to those who manage to understand what In Red Moon is about.

10.What is going on with 'Requiem Of Sorrow' these days?

L. M: At this time there is a recess period, but also, material is being prepared for an album split with In Red Moon, maybe this sounds weird but, despite being the bearer of most of the ideas in Requiem of Sorrow, comparing the style with In Red Moon, they are different.

11.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?

L. M: Well I would like to continue experimenting more with different styles, and obviously, obtain a certain degree of status as a musician either by the group, by the solo project or by some other musical medium.

12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

L. M:There have been many bands, starting with Sopor Aeternus and Burzum, going through Dimmu Borgir and Lacrimosa, I could also mention Dark Lunacy, Siebenburger, Mirrorthrone, Morgul, The Sins of Thy Beloved, Mondstille, Sisters of Mercy, Haborym, Ereshkigal, Dark Funeral , to name a few.
About styles, because most of the subgenera of Black, Doom and of course, avant-garde are the ones that have influenced me the most.​
Lately I am listening to a lot of contemporary music: serialism, concrete music, electronics, spectralism, and also folk music, and nationalist

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

L. M: First thank you for taking me into account for this interview, and I can only say that after so much waiting, I think that finally came the opportunity to express a part of this world called "In Red Moon" and its creator Lord Morwan, which It's me.

Bandcamp
Facebook
Myspace
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment