1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
Mephorash is a Black/Death metal act that is here to bring our dark arts to those around us, either you like it or you don't, It Does not really matter to us.
Our goal is not to be loved by everyone, our goal is to present our visions and goals to those who cross our path.
2. How would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the e.p?
Our goal with the record was to create a unique sound with very different variables.
We tried to create a new feeling in each song, which together became a great mixture of Pleasure and discomfort at the same time as the final result.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
The lyrical topics with the record was mainly Misanthropic and Morbid.
We tried to show our aspect of what we think and believe.
We have since the release of that CD changed our lyrical theme in the following material, although that is for future release and i will not reveal anything at this time.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
The meaning of Mephorash is an Esoteric element, with the goal to spit at Christianity.
The name has it's origin in the name "Shemhamphorash" which is one of gods secret names that under no circumstances shall be uttered,
A variable to that name is "Shem ha-Mephorash" which means "The explicit name".
So every time we utter our name, we spread the name who is not allowed to be spoken.
Although people should Interpret our name as they whish.
5. Has the band had any oppurtunities to do any live shows?
Yes, we have done plenty of live shows here in Sweden, which can be seen on youtube by just searching on our name.
We are planning a European tour in Mars/April with our Brothers on the grom horde, Infest!
Hopefully everything will go as planned and we can contaminate more parts of the world.
6. Currently you are singed to Grom Records, how did you get in contact with this label and how would you describe the support that the label has given you so far?
I contacted Grom Records with a goal of collaberating with them.
The Support from Grom has been splendid and hopefully we can work with them in the future.
7. On a worldwide level how has your music been recieved by fans of black/death metal?
The Feedback has so far been very good, we have had several reviews and they are all very positive.
Hopefully more fans of the Extreme-metal scene will catch up on us and give us their thoughts about us.
8. Are there any other projects besides this band or is this a full time line-up?
The main members of Mephorash is working on a Black/Doom project, although that is very secret and i can not tell you anything more about that.
Besides that our main goal and focus is always Mephorash.
9. What direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?
Our direction is strictly heading to a even more serious, brutal and fast sound.
We will start the recording of our next album at the beginning of next year and i assure you, fans of black and death metal will not be dissapointed.
You have only seen the beginning of our pestilence.
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
At the beginning we felt a strong influence to bands such as Watain, Marduk, Dissection.
But now we have floated in to our own path instead of treading someone elses ground we have created our own.
The band that we mostly listen to right now must be Nightbringer, great band from the US.
My personal favorite i believe. So be sure to check them out.
11. How would you describe your views on Satanism and Occultism and from where do you find your inspiration from the black arts?
Our view on Satanism and Occultism is very broad, we do not like to call ourself "Satanists" since it is a very, very broad subject.
Occultists would be a much better name since we are interested in all the dark arts and teachings.
Chaos-gnostic satanism although is a very interresting subject and something that we all in the band are close to, Qliphotic arts and necromancy are also a subject which catch our interests
12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Learning Occult teachings, collecting bones, learning language and painting.
And of course everything that will give us more dark wisdom.
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
This is just the beginning.