Before we rehearsed on 11-2-12 we sat around and discussed your questions listening to Bergraven I think, and also partaking in some green things. We being Troy (Drums, Some guitars, Vox) and Jason (Most of Guitars and Vox)
1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
1. We have always been hanging around together listening to Metal...fuck we grew up down the street from each other. There weren't too many bands that played Black Metal around, which we had started to become increasingly interested in. We had a few recent changes to the line-up. Jeff was dropped due to his lack of dedication to Metal basically. We will have a new person, who is also an old friend, handle the solos and some leads (Ryan)
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
2. Strongly rooted in Black Metal, However we mix in a lot of different styles: American Death, Melodic Swedish Death, some Grind (Gore!) etc. As far as the sound quality goes we are not too concerned about that, as long as everything is audible for the most part. We are not the most technical band, but we try to Write good songs. If nothing else.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
3. The lyrics from the Demo were more of a tribute to all things concerning Dark Metal (Magick/Sorcery, War, The Undead, Anti-christian, Pagan) Our full length will be more focused on anti-religious themes. Specifically we will be targeting the middle eastern three, but also any that try to enslave the human spirit.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
4. We had wanted to combine something Dark with something that was Blasphemous. It was something Jason came up with one day, and it just kind of stuck. We hope that when people see our logo they are disgusted and offended...looking back on it though it would have been nice to throw some kind of anti-islamic thing in the logo. Maybe next time...
5. Has the band had any oppurtunities to do any live shows, if so what are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
5. The opportunities have been there, but it's tough to find a good supporting cast around here. We're looking for people who are dedicated to the underground, and not trying to be fuckin' rock stars. If someone wants to jam with us, it is mandatory we look at their music collection for example. Until we find some people who fit that bill it is unlikely.
6. Currently the band is unsigned, are you looking for a label and if so, what kind of label do you feel that would be a perfect fit for the band?
6. We are not really looking for a label. It would be alright to collaborate with some real metal heads though (labels, zines, bands, artists, etc.) We will release our music regardless, but it would be cool to have someone help with the promoting. That takes a lot of time. Time that could be used to play music for example. So if we were to join the roster of some label It would have it's advantages.
7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
7. It's been Ok, we have a few people from Indonesia who enjoy our music. Mexico seems to have given us a pretty good response as well. A few in the States also. The demo was delayed a bit longer than expected. So we were initially limited by the free internet downloads of three of the songs. One being edited due to time constraints.
8. Are there any other musical projects besides this band or is this a full time line up?
8. We have been conspiring on an Old School Black Thrash Metal project called "Batlord." Also we have a synth heavy depressive Black Metal project called "Atlantean Sorrow" which we recorded some songs for.
9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
9. Our new songs will be faster, and they will have blasting. It might be a bit more primitive, but definitely following the style we established on the Demo. Looking ahead to the songs that we have already written for our sophomore effort. They will show more of our diverse Metal influences. Some will be more depressive and emotional.
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10. Wow what a great question. First the Legends: Darkthrone, Morbid Angel, Burzum, Cannibal Corpse, Mayhem, Immortal, Dissection, etc. Lately we have been listening to the Ukrainian Bands: Drudkh, Khors, Astrofaes, Hate Forest, Nokturnal Mortum. Some Russian Bands: Forest, Branikald, Nitberg, Ravendark, Temnozor, Velimor. Some American Brutal Death: Deeds of Flesh, Gorgasm, Devourment, Severed Savior. Also some fuckin' Cult Black Metal: Judas Iscariot, Nargaroth, Satanic Warmaster, Horna, Moonblood. Just to name a few.
11. How would you describe your views on Satanism and Occultism?
11. There are a few different types of Satanists, some we may identify more with than others. There are those that may believe weakness should not be promoted in human society and we would agree with that. We do not see reason to worship with ritual these deities. Troy enjoys the occult very much and is a chronic observer of nature and her phenomenon. Jason hates anything that has to do with religion.
12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
12. Call of Duty, American Football, reading, traveling, hiking, visiting record stores.
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
13. Thanks for the kind interview, keep up the good work on your online metal zine, and we'll keep reading. We'll send you the full length when it's complete. Never-ending War!