Thursday, March 26, 2020

Linwe Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

Linwe is a side project for me, I would be most known for my band Armorer, as well as the vocalist for Danish and Polish collaborations I Myrkri and Erebos, respectively. Linwe is one of a handful of small individual releases I have made over the past year or so, I'm not sure if I will have more music for Linwe in the future - but we shall see.

2.In November you released an ep, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style you went for on the recording?

This was actually written in the style of Armorer, but with much more pronounced vocals as well as the use of bass guitar. At the time of writing I was in the middle of recording vocals for the first I Myrkri album and got sidetracked for a week or so in which I wrote and recorded this demo. I'm still working on an Armorer release I've had for over a year now so I didn't want to come out with something that sounds newer, so I decided to release it on it's own.

3.You are also involved with a few other musical projects, what do you bring into the music of 'Linwe' that you are not able to do with your other projects?

This was more of a detour musically for me, I really wanted to focus on the production value rather than make something that sounds completely different to Armorer, but I think the songs are good because the writing process happened organically which is something I try to tune in to, I go through phases where I don't write for 3 months because I don't feel it. In this case, everything worked out for the short sample of songs that I was able to write.

4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explored on the demo?

These lyrics are from some ancient Armorer songs; ones I wrote in a time of pain and recovery. I had wanted to revisit them at some point and this music felt right to do that with.

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Linwe'?

It's a name from a fantasy series, I'm not sure which but it's something like that. I collect names I think would fit well with music, this just happened to pop up into my head while writing so it stuck.

6.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the demo cover?

I live in the Appalachian mountains in west North Carolina, there a lot of really old and powerful places in nature to be found if one is willing to look for them. In this case I had seen this river bank on some private property where I took the photo, parked my car and made my way down from the side of the road and walked for about half a mile - all of this high as fuck mind you - and took about 30 pictures before I decided it was time to get out of there. It's the best I can do to capture some of the lustrous landscapes I've been to in the mountains here.

7.With the exception of one musical project you record all the music by yourself in your other groups, do you prefer working solo to working with other musicians?

I've lived basically alone in the middle of nowhere for about 5 years now, and that's about when I started getting back into writing music. I'm happy when the urge to write strikes me, but it definitely waxes and wanes - the life of a low energy mood based creative.

8.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?

I'm not particularly looking for a label, I am quite happy doing my own thing and not doing much promotion. I'm always greatful when people find my stuff and enjoy it, part of the reason all my bandcamp releases can be downloaded for free.

9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?

A warm thanks to the people who have found my music and enjoyed it over the years. As for this demo, For this demo I think the positive response was more than I expected for sure.

10.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?

I'm going to be starting work on a new Erebos album in the coming months, also there will be a new EP from Armorer coming very soon.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

I could have a very long answer to the first part of this question, but my favorite band is Summoning. I listen to a lot of shit though man, I guess recently I've been jamming Weedeater, Ancient Boreal Forest, and Profetus to name a few.


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Thanks for having me for this interview, check out Linwe on bandcamp, and follow Armorer on Facebook to keep up with my musical doings. Cheers boys.

http://www.blackmetalspirit.net/
http://www.blackmetalspiritstore.com/Inicio-dcbaaaaaa.asp
https://www.facebook.com/blackmetalspiritstore?sk=timeline&ref=page_internal
https://twitter.com/BmstTstor
https://www.discogs.com/es/seller/Blackmetalspiritstor/profile

No comments:

Post a Comment