Saturday, November 26, 2016

Wolfhowl Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the musical project since the recording and release of the new ep?
This period, i compose new tracks for the next release, i don't know if it will be a full album or another EP. It is very important for me, to improve myself, that means i am never in a hurry thinking that i must release something in a short time.

2.In February you had released a new ep, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
I can't and i don't want to put a name under my music BUT If i should, i'd say that the sound of the EP is something between old school and heathen/epic sound. It combines lots of things and that's a good thing for me. Of course it differs a lot from the previous releases, when it comes to composition of the tracks, musical skills, production even vocals. I have made a progress, i think. However, i think that i haven't changed my style, if you listen the first release and the last EP, you'll surely understand that it's the same band.

3.The musical project has been around since 2009, but so far you have only released 2 ep's and one split, can you tell us a little bit more about the gap in between releases?
Yes, three releases in 7 years, it's not enough eh? haha! Well, Wolfhowl as you know is an one-man-band, that means i am responsible for everything and that takes time. You know something? I could have 2 releases each year, if i wanted to...how? Easy.....composing some shitty tracks in a week, recording at my pc, having a bad sound and a shity production and release it via a poor label which releases everything in 30 copies. But that's not me, as i told you before, i take my time to improve myself, and when i feel ready i enter a proper studio and i record my new work, taking care to the composition and production, always! It is better to have 3 quality releases or 10 releases in which you repeat yourself all the time?

4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your music?
The lyrics of Wolfhowl have to do with mother nature, winter time and the dark side of the human nature. I am  into these stuff a lot. I was never keen on writing lyrics about anti-religion or evil ones, there are bands which do it in the proper way.

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Wolfhowl'?
The wolf is my favourite animal and its howl always passionated me. It's something wild and ?obscure. Furthermore, it fits to the music..to black metal.

6.With this project you record everything by yourself but have past experience playing in a full band, how would you compare the 2?
Well, that was a long time ago...i had the opportunity to play in a full band when i was away from my homeland and it was something i liked back then. Composing together, performing live in other cities of Greece etc...but i think that i prefer the path i walk the last 7 years, the lonely path...doing everything by myself,, compose when i want, record when i want and express 100% myself via my music, having noone tell me what to do with my band.

7.Over the years you have worked with War Productions, Metal Throne Productions and Azermeddoth Productions, are you happy with the support these labels have given you so far?
I can say that i am happy enough with all the three labels i have cooperated through the years, european labels act in a more professional way though, i can say it from my experience.

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
In the beginning, it was very strange for me you know...receiving an e-mail from a person who lives in another country, telling you that he/she likes your music. There are people who like Wolfhowl all over the world, but especially in Europe. Apart from Greece, i have a very good feedback from countries like Norway, Poland and Ukraine. But that's a true reward for me....knowing that there are people all around who like your music and support you!

9.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
Of course i want to release a full album but it's something difficult for me. Wolfhowl is an one-man-band so i have no other person to share the cost of the recordings,production etc. Wolfhowl will exist as long as i breathe, so someday a full album will come eventually, but i can't say when.

10.What are some of the bands or musical projects that have had an influence on your music and also what are yous listening to nowadays?
I have many influences, but the main ones are bands like Bathory, Burzum, Darkthrone, Drudkh and old Satyricon. I listen lots of stuff nowadays, i liked the new Darkthrone album,  but i consider myself a big fan, so it's too harsh for me to say that i don't like a single track of this band..hehe! Apart from black metal, the last month, i listen a lot to neofolk and dark ambient music...

11.What are some of your non musical interests?
Music is my main interest as a person, apart from it, exploring nature - hiking to mountains, weightlifting at the gym, traveling to other places when i can, beer drinking with good company and riding my motorcycle on a sunny day are some other interests. I'm a simple man...

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
As to all the other interviews i had in the past, i want to thank every single person on this planet, which supports me and Wolfhowl...buying my release or sending me an e-mail, telling me that he likes my music..it's an honour always...thank you!

Facebook
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment