Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Léthifère Interview

 

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?


BC : It started in 2021 as a solo project for which I needed a singer, and after seeing a performance by Erroiak I decided to contact him. He agreed to record vocals as he liked the music I made, and the concept I would developp in the lyrics and visuals. I'm always thinking, recording, writing new music and stuff, and at some point I need to shape it as a real project.


 


2.Recently you have released an ep, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style that you went for on the recording?


Basically I had in mind some kind of classic black metal, brutal with melodic touch. Nothing more than music I like. Then music writing came quite naturally for most of this ep songs, with a logical progression and an epic touch. If you listen well, every song's end contains a riff, melody or note which is used for the next song's begining. As a result the whole record could be considered as one track.


 


3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band has explored so far with the music?


I wrote about differents ways a human mind could really wish to die. Whether it's from substance abuse, mental illness, coma or depression. Even if the four songs are not related in the stories they tell, this is the common concept they share. And as the music, you can also considere these four as a whole story and the songs titles can be read consecutively with sense. The ep's title means "envy the death".


 


4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Léthifère'?


It's a french adjective for anything that can cause death. Whether it's a person, event, item...


 


5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the ep cover?


It's a simple way to show the human's death, like a mirror when you hold the object in front of your face, maybe to make you think about all the reasons you could have to die, or on the contrary those which makes you want to live?


 


6.Currently there are only 2 members in the band, are you open to expanding your line up or do you prefer to remain a duo?


No for the moment, there is no plan to expand the line up, nor to play live shows.


 


7.The ep was released on 'Ancestrale Production', can you tell us a little bit more about this label?


It's my label, started back in 2009, focused on black metal and mainly with french bands. I released for example Darkenhöld, Fhoi Myore, Neptrecus first albums, as well as my other project Aeterna Tenebrae. The label has less activity since around 2014, and for the future I don't plan to release other projects than mine.


 


8.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?


Quite good, some really like and some don't, as for most of music. In both cases, I like to hear why with good arguments. But it's not something that I care a lot, the most important is how I'm satisfied with what I make.


 


9.What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that some of the band members are a part of?


Aeterna Tenebrae's second full length album is composed, remains the lyrics, artwork and final recordings. Maybe in 2022? I don't know yet. I play also in the band Asilian some kind of death metal and we are also recording a first album. Erroiak has work to do with his solo project and Enterré Vivant, among other.


 


10.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?


A new song will be available in 2022, for the begining of a new record. For now I can't say if it's going to be another ep or a full length, but I plan a new release around the end of this year. The musical direction won't change at all.


 


11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?


I can't really name the influences on my music, after years and years of listening to a lot of bands. I guess it's uncounscious and comes out randomly when I think about riffs, others listeners could do this by themselves and I don't think this is very important. When making music, I stop listening to others for a while, to focuse and try to create the most personal music I can. I listen every day to different styles and bands, new or old, that's one positive point with internet nowadays. Recently I was a lot into Duskmourn, The Committee, Mare Cognitum, Havukruunu, Thulcandra for example.


 


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?


Thanks for your interest and support, you can listen to Léthifère on bandcamp and other streaming platforms, and the Digipak CD is still available. Here is all the links


https://lethifere.bandcamp.com/ - https://www.facebook.com/lethifere - https://open.spotify.com/album/0LKhqFrtTHJUlsepELpXrp - https://www.deezer.com/fr/album/264076192 - https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mVkrvNySEOEBb0umMxA1_8keLBfGV0bWo - https://music.apple.com/fr/album/envie-la-mort-ep/1589237627 - https://www.ancestrale-production.fr/

No comments:

Post a Comment