Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Omhosten Interview

 

.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?


-This is a project that combines the melody and aggression characteristic of black metal of the 90s.


2.In January you have your first full length coming out, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style that you went for on the recording?


-My style can be described as melodic melancholic atmospheric black metal.


3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have explored so far with the music?


-The texts are based on misanthropic themes, complemented by self-destruction, chaos and the inevitable end of everything.


4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Omhosten'?


-Omhosten means "Autumn" in Norwegian, it was this time of the year (especially late) that inspired me to create a musical project where,with the help of music, I wanted to convey all the gloom and dampness of this season.


5.Can you tell us a little bit more on the artwork that is presented on the album cover?


-The cover depicts an autumn landscape with a bridge. The bridge is a symbol widespread in different cultures. This is a symbol of the difficult transition between the world of the living and the world of the dead.  He can embody a difficult emotional period in life.


6.With the exception of a few session musicians you record most of the music by yourself, are you open to working with a full band or do you prefer to work solo?


-I prefer to create music alone, but when it comes to recording live drums, for example, you cannot do without the help of friends, as for future plans, it is difficult to say, I will most likely work in a solo mode as before.


7.The album is coming out on 'Kvlt und Kaos Productions', how did you get in contact with this label?


-I saw in the fb news that my comrades from the Demonologist group are published on 'Kvlt und Kaos Productions', so I found out about them.


8.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?


 


-I cannot say that yet, because before publishing at 'Kvlt und Kaos Productions' I had not shown Omhosten's music to anyone.


9.So far very little is known about the project, are you planning on expanding your presence in the future or do you prefer to keep a lower profile?


 


-Of course, I do not plan to stop, at the moment I am working on writing two tracks in the same genre, since I try to do everything myself, most likely I will remain in the shadows.


10.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?


-In the future, I prefer to remain a guitarist, bassist and vocalist.


11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays


 


-Basically these are all varieties of black metal, the Norwegian Swedish Finnish scene had a big influence on me at the time, at the moment I listen to Watain, Noenum, Abyssic Hate, Nocturnal Depression, Elysian Blaze and Judas Iscariot who had a great influence on me.


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?


 


-I would like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to the bands Deathincarnation and Sauroctonos,


Website: https://www. kvltundkaosproductions.com/ omhosten


it is thanks to them that I write my name in the history of music.


No comments:

Post a Comment