1. Can you update us with what is going on with the band these days?
Nothing special. Rehearsals, main work, common life. Autumn/Winter is just a season for good job, practice, plans and hopes…
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new release?
It’s consistent enough. I think it’s the very best sound we could ever make on our records.
3. What are some of the lyrical concepts and topics that the band has explored on both newer and older albums?
Nature, it’s mystical essence, Paganism
4. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
You know it hard to mark out the one very best show but it’s always great to play together with our old friends on Ukrainian Kolovorot fests and Pagan fests. I can’t describe our stage performance. It can be described by anyone saw it. There’re good performances and not so good ones and it depends on the atmosphere inside the venue, fans support, equipment and of course on our inner feelings and state.
5. When can we expect the new album?
We hope it’s out this December just as our label plans
6. Recently you got signed to Paragon Records and they are getting ready to re-issue your older material, how has the support been from that label so far?
We love to work with Paragon Records cause we always get huge support and understanding in many ways. We are very thankful Paragon for that.
8. How have pagan/black metal fans worldwide react to your music so far?
If following the reviews on our records in the web so I can definitely say we’re not so bad). We’re also getting some positive feedbacks from fans Worldwide.
9. How would you describe your musical progress over the years and what direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?
Actually I think that our fourth full length album is more professional in technique, songs structure and sound recording than our previous records. The progress is obvious once you start to listen to our new album but sure if you know the previous ones)). There are many directions for us to go to further and right now I can’t exactly say how we’ll sound on our next records. Time will tell…
10. Do you have any plans in the future to tour the United States?
No. It’s impossible cause it’s too expensive to reach USA from Ukraine. If metal music could be as popular as it was in 80's and there would be such great attendance I think there would be people interested in us.
11. What are some of the bands and musical styles that have influenced your music, and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Oh! There are too many bands influenced us by the years just like classic gothic FIELDS OF THE NEPHILIM, TYPE O NEGATIVE, SISTERS OF MERCY, also KATATONIA, PARADISE LOST, old school death metal bands like OBITUARY, DISMEMBER, BOLT THROWER, classic BM like DARKTHRONE, BURZUM and of course many of classic hard rock bands like BLACK SABBATH, W.A.S.P. and so on. Nowadays we still listen to metal music)) We also love some post-rock, post metal bands, some progressive like PORCUPINE TREE but mainly we’re still in metal)))
12. Are there any current side projects going on these days, besides this band?
No any side projects now. There were times we have some but now almost all the members of KHORS play in KHORS only.
13. How important is Slavic Paganism to the music and do you have any interest in any other forms of paganism or occultism?
It’s very important as it’s the main ideological component of KHORS. Our interests are also in history, traditions, mythology, culture, architecture, poetry, etc. It goes about European Heathen Culture not only about Slavic Paganism.
14. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Our families, rest times, football, cars, musical instruments and equipment, videos and so on.
15. Any final words or thoughts before we close this interview?
Thanks for your time!