1. Can you update us with what is going on with the project these days?
We have a new release with the Quebec’s label Sepulchral Production. This a very good thing for Neige & Noirceur and we are happy to be working with them. They are the main label promoting black metal from Quebec.
2. How would you describe the musical style of the new album?
Wintery Black metal that meets old Quebec’s folklore… It is less ambient than my other albums.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and concepts the new album explores?
The first songs of this album are brutal tributes to Quebec’s history. Full of wrath!
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the band's name?
It comes from a part of some old lyrics from the song “Le pendule de Foucault: demo II.” I think I should call this song Neige et Noirceur. These are two words in opposition: the cold white snow and the black and deep darkness. I like these words, so I used them for the name of my project.
5. Do you have any side projects besides this project, or is this a full time project?
No side projects. All the dark music I will record is gonna be under that name. Whether it is black metal or atmospheric ambient, etc. Anyway, I never do the same album…
6. Your music deals a lot with Quebec Nationalism, can you tell us a little bit more about this topic?
I think that people will need a translation of Ancient Folklore Quebecois. Everything is told in this song.
7. How has your music been received so far by black metal fans worldwide?
We have a lot of good reviews. Good young and dark fans.
8. How would you describe your musical progress over the years and what direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?
I go with the feelings. I made some ultra raw ambient black metal, drone doom metal… dark acoustic … nature mysticism, occultism, Quebec nationalism. I will see in time.
9. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music, and also what are you listening to nowadays?
A lot of the classic black metal…. And some other styles with original stuff. The list is too long, but I listen to other music styles too.
10. What role does Occultism, Satanism or Paganism play in the music?
Occultism is spiritual, ritual, religious. Black metal is something deeply spiritual, deeply religious as music. There is no music you can listen to like black metal. That’s why I record this kind of malefic music.
11. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
12. Any final words or thoughts before we close this interview?
Hail from Quebec and listen to my albums…. You’ll be surprised with what you hear! Thanks for the interview!