Friday, April 2, 2021

Morte Sacra interview

 

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the solo project?

1- Greetings ... thank you for your interest and respective interview for the Morte Sacra project. I am Phobus Espiritus Malignus a self-taught. I don't consider myself a musician but an amateur composer. I never thought about having a solo project but a band, and Ruina Humana Pestis, although it seems strange, is already 20 years old and the 6 themes were taken from another Phobus Perpetus project and is the summary of a life and home recordings on cassette . My taste and interest in music was born at the age of 4, playing by ear on the keys of an old Bontempi air organ, with a very characteristic sound. after 2 years I absorbed the first metal band and it stayed in my ear, but it was at school and in adolescence that I identified myself with the noise and power of Heavy and Trash metal, I only deepened later on to death metal and the preferred style until when I was 19 years old, and without thinking or looking back, I had the idea of ​​buying the first guitar, a cheap Maison, where I also learned to play alone and to see bands playing live, I later met a bass player and later a drummer and we rehearsed but it turned out not to be a serious thing, both on their part and mine, for a lot of alcohol and other personal distractions or reasons, the band never moved on. but I never conformed and in 2008 i bought the first Pc, i learned to work with musical programs, i perfected the way i play the guitar and i bought a new Yamaha organ and a borrowed bass, i made the first digital demos with a programmed drums which i hate the sound for sounding like plastic, and only in 2012 I managed to buy a second-hand Tama rockstar drum kit with the basic hardware, which was restored and where once again I learned to make some rhythms for this project, it was the year that I recorded this album, with a roland cube30 and a jackson guitar RR1 with very rusty strings and no interface, just like the drums I used a shure ovehead in the snare drum and two more micros from the Chinese brand, the three connected to only one cable, by spacing in front of the drum and toms without interface, which was on a single track and limited to better equalize

  


 


2.Recently you have released your first full length, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style that you have went for on the recording?

 2. it couldn't be any other, especially since I have always lived in a remote Christian-minded village, 3 km from the Alhadas circle, Portugal, where I met their identities, (Corruptor and Morphine). where rituals were performed and with whom I had improvisational jam sessions and original themes, black metal was more popular with them, sharing on pirated cassettes and CDs, and for example the founding members of (Israthoum). So ,in 2001 I ended up completing the skeleton and composing with the virtuoso guitarist (W.uR - Monte Penumbra / Ab Imo Pectore) the opening theme Entranhas Demoniacas. it was there, still without me knowing that Morte Sacra took shape and gave the first breath, since I welcomed the Black Metal that is ingrained in my blood and is certainly the purest style to express myself in music and what I have in mind


 


3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have explored so far with your music?

3-- well it is a satire to the religious believers that surround us, the Entranhas Demoniacas, the lyric talks about sinful believers who end up casting and practicing spells and witchcraft against other people, even in today's times and to those who are jealous or want their own evil, already Morte Sacra is the total criticism and invocation to the extinction of the church. and their crimes committed over 20 centuries, sins such as pedophilia, torture, punishment, falsehood, morality, lust and raising money for their welfare and not for the sheep that follow them.Tempestade Sangrenta , is based more on the forces of nature when it manifests itself and causes the death and mass destruction of the Human (plague) species,Peste Negra talks about the same, the plague that decimated half of humanity, believing the church at the time that it would be witchcraft made by women they called Witches and burned in bonfires to serve as an exorcism basically an attack on false morality ,the evil surround us the black nature and plagues, Spirits, Witchcraft, invocation to bloody chaos and Death 

  


 


4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Morte Sacra'?

4- - Morte Sacra is born from the lyrics of the same theme of this album. and when I wrote the lyrics, I understood that this would be the name of the project, which basically invokes the destruction and extermination of the church as I had previously responded, this is an attempt to control whoever wants to be free is an obsolete aberration. even more nowadays and since I was born I’m sick of seeing popes rise to power in the Vatican, and they all come with the same soft words, as if they were saints, and the most ironic thing is that they don’t want to end pedophilia in church itself, an aberration against vulnerable children who cannot defend themselves, and in the end nothing is ever done until another case comes up, here in Portugal we have Fatima, and an invention by 3 illiterate shepherd children who ended up claiming they had seen a miracle, the church soon took advantage and started to do one of the biggest business of today without paying taxes in this country, where thousands of faithful leave the money, but this is just one of the countless lies around the world


 


5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the album cover?

5- it was a futuristic image that crossed my mind, many bones and skulls of disciples, priests, bishops with the beheaded pope himself, wearing the Miter with a perched raven, to symbolize the Church's own death


 


6.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?

6-it would be nice to find a drummer who could give something more and a bass player to play live, you never know, I really don't like people very much, especially when they constantly change their mind, they don't know what they want or just like to appear. And to play Morte Sacra, which is a ritual, you have to feel what you are doing and not be playing just for playing and showing the musical gifts or clothes you have on (posers). I believe that it will be difficult to work with someone at the moment unless someone from the Alhadas circle but only I rest around these parts, but I also don't need to, and even on the hardest path I end up doing everything myself


 


7.The album was released on 'Nomad Snakepit Productions', can you tell us a little bit more about this label?

7- in fact I am a little isolated and disconnected from the musical world, or from the bands that are at the top, and I still know less about publishers, I in 2012 had even sent this project to contacts within the black metal environment and who could find a publisher to launch the demo, but it came to nothing and I ended up almost giving up. In the middle of last year as soon as I was leaving a local bar, I came across someone I hadn't seen in a long time, I ended up drinking another beer and catching up with the conversation and ended up touching Morte Sacra, when he asked me if I continued to play or record something new. - I replied that very little, and from what I had done, I had already sent more than a decade ago, so unexpectedly, I received a phone call after a month, asking if I wanted to edit the project, I felt like a child I just received a new toy, so from the beginning of autumn until last November I worked on the demo, which ended up becoming an album, I know the Dutch publisher Nomad Snakepit for less than half a year, I am eternally grateful for what they did with Morte Sacra, for that I realized are competent, quick to work and as good professionals as they are, I think they are on the right track and have everything to be an even bigger publisher


 


8.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?

8-well, for now i have few fans hehehe, but who really likes black metal and is on the subject, i have received good reviews on the themes, and who like the composition of them, but strange as it seems the few fans i have and although be sung in Portuguese are few, and mostly from other countries like Usa, Mexico, Hungary, England and Holland and I know very little about it


 


9.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?

9- to tell you the truth, I'm already 42 years old and I see myself in exactly the same place without major changes or expectations, nothing will change or even very little, just with two or three more albums edited, even more now that I have one home studio with all the material I need, or whatever it is possible to do, and that's just what goes through my head


 


10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

  

10- well i'm like an old elder, some doom metal heavy metal death metal and black metal, of course, I usually hear what was good and what is good remains, of course I heard BURZUM / EMPEROR - / Immortal - Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism - Pure Holocaust / Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas - Wolf's lair abyss / Thy Serpent / Darkwoods My Betrothed / Satyricon / Obscenus /DARKTHRONE / Gorgoroth / Varathron / SWORDMASTER / Dissection / watain / THORNS/ Dodheimsgard / Craft, e.t.c - something new I believe that nothing but BØLZER


 


11.How would you describe your views on Occultism?

11- it is a mystical parallel, since there have always been rituals of witches, sorcerers or healers, for good and evil and long before Christianity and which were forbidden by them, I often wondered where this teaching came from and how it is possible and how it has been passed down through generations, or how the elders knew things that today still have no explanation, or are still hidden from science and from everyone, and the fear of the unknown that this still causes, from simple ones prayers for the evil eye, or a circle of people who call for a spirit or more to communicate with him, but some are not true and only a distorted or manipulative sick brain, but the sacrifice of humans by higher forces has always been what fascinated me the most and I believe that if there is enough concentration everything is possible and I am the proof of that, by being a conductor and a sponge of negative energies


 


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

12- I think the world is entering the final abyss at a great pace, like Black metal in general, which is becoming commonplace and that there are more and more uneducated bands and fans, most bands are a counter product made for selling like faces covered with masks and caps, and which are nothing more than a poorly made and absurd recipe, sometimes from older master pieces, are all things that did not exist in my time, I think it’s enough, for example, empty lyrics, tutorials and the competition of who is the fastest and most technical drummer / guitarist and bassist, end up forgetting the sonorous and dissonant melody,

 black metal composition, involvement, atmosphere and sharp brute force


 

Bandcamp
ReverbNation
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment