Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Endarken Interview

 

1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band since the recording and release of the new single?


The recording of another single is currently coming to an end, it should be out soon and a new album is also in the process of recording so it’s pretty working but I like it, I love to create.


2.Recently you have released a new single, musically how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?


Musically it is not much different from the previous release. I would say that the only difference is in the vocals that were sung somewhat differently than on the album.


3.This is also your first release since 2018, can you tell us a little bit more about what has been going on during that time frame?


I've been working on new songs, mostly for Endarken, but also for some other projects which I'm planning to release soon and it's the first time I've worked on something other than black metal, so it was quite challenging but also fun. Also in the meantime I moved from Serbia to Croatia, not far away, only 60 kilometers difference, anyway, it counts towards change but I am satisfied, I like the new city, I feel like I've always been here.


4.Some of your lyrics cover Satanism and Occultism themes, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in the dark arts?


The interest in it dates back to the period when I was a child because of some things I experienced. There was a grany in the neighborhood who did some weird things, at least they seemed weird and pretty scary back then and it took me quite a while to understand what she was doing. As time went on I began to understand all that more and more and it helped me to start understanding the universe as a living beast, the beast we live in, the beast that is the existence of everything around us, everything before us and everything that will be after us... And that is the starting point from which I am guided by everything in life.


5.What are some of the other lyrical topics and subjects the band has explored so far with the music?


Mostly misanthropy because most people do not live in harmony with nature, they have no respect for this house in which we live or for each other, everything is being trampled on, everything is for sale, everyone is for sale. It's disgusting.


6.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Endarken'?


We live in a world where the true values and culture of living are in great darkness, so Endarken seemed to me as a good name for the band, as a synonym for myself and for all those who hide in the dark and find inspiration there for another day, for another victory of the will, for another honor of truth.


7.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is present on the single cover?


Well, it was supposed to be a promotional photo but I liked how it turned out so I decided to use it as a cover so there isn’t some big story behind it all, it’s pretty simple, I got cover and promotional photo in one.


8.With the exception of a drummer you record most of the music by yourself, are you open to working with a full band or do you prefer to work mostly by yourself?


Like you said I record everything myself except the drums and I think it will stay that way in the future because I often wasted a lot of time trying to involve someone else in the creative process of the band. Some things were planned to happen much earlier but there was not enough will in others to really accept the job. There were also attempts to gather a crew for live performances, however, as this biological war started and all restrictions with it I gave up on that idea because it doesn't make much sense to prepare live performances at the moment.


9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?


I am very satisfied. It is nice to see that they listen to us from all over the world. For "Tvoj je hram u srcu mom" we had orders from all continents except Africa... And Antarctica, is there not a single black metal fan among scientific expeditions?


10.What is going on with 'Samrt' these days?


Samrt has been standing still for a long time, I have a new album ready, something has even been recorded, but unfortunately I haven't managed to finish everything yet, but I will do my best to finish it during the year. I unjustly neglected all that and put it aside, but I will do my best for myself and for the people who love Samrt to really finish new album this year.


11.When can we expect another release and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?


As I said, the recording of the new single is nearing its end and we will release it soon... And as far as the release of the album is concerned, it all depends on how quickly we find the publisher and then depend on them when they are scheduled to release, I would like it to be this year but we'll see how it goes.


12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?


I like to listen to everything from The Beatles to Cannibal Corpse. I'm not someone who is a slave to genres... When something is good then it's good. For influence in the music I make, I try to ignore as much as I can, even though it's almost impossible. I don't think anyone is immune to influences...So I can't single out some specific influences, somewhere it seems to someone that there are too many of them and somewhere that there aren't any at all, which is ok in every sense. And these days I mostly listen to Deiform from Funeral Mist and Heretics from Rotting Christ.


13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?


Be free, keep your mind free, keep your freedom, because when they take away your freedom they have taken away everything from you. Freedom is something that belongs to us by birth and we must not allow anyone to take away that right from us. Freedom!

\www.facebook.com/endarken

www.instagram.com/endarkenofficial
endarken.bandcamp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment