DUNKELNACHT – Ritualz of the occult E.P. era interview
Answers by Alkhemohr, M.C. Abagor & Heimdall.
1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
- Lately we are paying allot of attention to the promotion of our EP called "Ritualz of the occult", The promotion is mostly done by gigging and from those shows we get more shows and thus making allot of promotion, And for this reason we'll also be touring againaround September/October.
And for the tip of the iceberg we are working on the pre-productions of an upcoming full-length album...
2.Recently you have released a new EP, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
- New production comes with new ideas and for this EP also even a new vocalist (M. C. Abagor) who has a wider range of vocals in his voice, so some might have noticed that the EP sounds more Black/Death Metal like.
And we have also been paying allot of attention to the recording and everything around the production of this EP, and also gave a personal sound and feeling to it for the final end result.
3.Your lyrics cover a lot of Atheism and Anti-Religion topics, can you tell us a little bit more about these views?
Atheism and Anti-religion topics were particularly present in the first album, but lyrics have had an evolution and so in general the lyrics from "Revelatio" and "Ritualz of the occult" are about criticizing society and different human cultures.
Also we can let you know that our next album will be a concept album but, we don't want to tell you what it will be about yet...
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'DunkelNacht'?
- To keep it short "DunkelNacht" means dark night and you can experience it while sleeping but also experience it during your daily life.
For example, you go to work do your thing and come home, but during that time there is always something dark and bitter happening on this planet.
Sound is always of the uttermost importance to us and for that we choose to call our self "DunkelNacht".
5.Originally the band was more ambient but have gone into a more heavy and blackened musical direction over the years. What was the decision behind going into this musical direction?
- Just like the music, the band also experienced an evolution as it started from a one-man project to a full member band. And this Evolution came from a musician and musical influence.
6.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
- Many shows have been great. But there are always better and less better gigs between them.
As for when you talk about the BEST shows that we've had, we'd have to say, Mass Deathruction, Gohelle Fest and many gigs in eastern Europe.
To come back to the subject of evolution it also happened to our stage performance. And for that we intend to stimulate as much senses during a live show as possible, may it be due to sound and visual stimulation.
7.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
We can't really give you a clear answer on this question unfortunately, because we are working on it and nothing is certain yet.
8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
- The feedback so far has been really great. We are putting a lot of efforts to put the band on a higher level, to produce always sincere music. We think that is the audience/fans are searching for. We play our music for ourselves too, so it is never possible to satisfy everyone....
9.What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that some of the band members are a part of?
- Just the usual stuff, writing music and playing live shows and promote projects for sure !
10.Where do you see the band heading musically during the future?
- As for we are constantly evolving, we hope to deliver more music for the ears to listen, may it be through the sound system at home or during a live show.
And hopefully we get greater shows from it and festivals.
11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
- All members have a different taste in music : from classical to jazz or from blues to classic rock... And for that it is a good thing, for it delivers a wide range of combined genre's and not only Metal.
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
- If you haven't heard about yet, check us out. If you have, buy our merchandise or attend to our shows to support us.
Here are some links to our pages and to find us :