Monday, February 25, 2019

Gravrose Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

Gravröse is a project by myself, Axtherius. I wanted to do raw, primitive and vile black metal that stray away from the over produced emotionless mainstream black metal.

2.So far you have released one album, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style you went for on the recording?

I wanted to put emphasis on creating a brute force of hateful black metal. No more, no less. Aimed to connoisseurs of underground metal.

3.The lyrics on the recording are a concept album dealing with haunting's and ghostly creatures, can you tell us a little bit more about the songwriting?

Yes you are right. Before I recorded the album I spent some nights in an isolated abandoned house with no food, just some to drink. It put me in a almost mad, hallucinating state. I started to see things and started to write down the lyrics. Then I went in the studio as soon as I left the house to record the material in one day. I was tired and frustrated and I really think it added that extra atmosphere of purity to the recording.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name ’Gravrose'?

Gravröse means cairn. I thought it was a fitting name for the project and went with it. It has several meanings to me.

5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the album cover?

The artwork was made by Tim Nordstedt who also played session drums on the album. It is an abandoned house on Gotland, Sweden. I think the artwork turned out great and really fitted the albums material.

6.With the exception of a session drummer you recorded most of the music by yourself, are you open to working with a full line up or do you prefer to work solo?

No, not open to work with other musicians.

7.You also had a couple of quests on a couple of tracks providing some keyboards and lyrics, can you tell us a little bit more about their contributions?

Tony Stark who runs Beastmaster Management is a friend of mine and since he is a keyboard player I asked him to put some extra touches on one song. I think it turned out well.

8.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?

Actually the album will be released on Gate Of Horror Productions and perhaps another label as well. It should be out fairly soon I hope.

9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?

Just after the release on bandcamp I got contacted immediately by 3 labels plus interviews started to arrive so I think there are some interest out there for Gravröse.

10.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?

I don’t see anything except continuing my quest of recording more albums. If its appreciated, its nice, if not, that’s fine too.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Mainly underground black metal that probably no one has heard of. I listen very randomly these days. I can’t tell you any specific bands.

12.Does Occultism play any role in your music?

Yes for sure.

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Thanks for the interview. Look out for the debut album of Gravröse to be released soon on CD but for now you can pick up the album on bandcamp if you are interested.

Bandcamp
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment