Sunday, June 26, 2022

Blutsauger Interview

 

1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the musical project these days?


Actually I’m busy with my other bands so I put Blutsauger a little aside, but we’re working on new material for the next release.



2.Towards the end of 2021 you had released a demo, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style that you went for on the recording?


Well, I had some thrash-black riffs that were supposed to be used for my old thrash metal band, Nuclear Aggressor; some months after the split-up I started to miss that kind of musical style and attitude, so I created Blutsauger like it was a continuation, or a deviation, of Nuclear Aggressor but with much more black metal elements.



3.A lot of your lyrics cover nuclear war themes, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in this topic?


And that’s another thing left from Nuclear Aggressor. I’ve been interested in everything that’s related with nuclear energy since I was a kid, it fascinated me, especially when my parents told me about Chernobyl; I was born in 1985, so I was here when the radioactive cloud arrived, even if I can’t remember anything, of course. I’m also a big fan of post-apocalyptic movies and books.



4.What are some of the other lyrical topics and subjects you have explored so far with the music?


Basically they’re all related to a post-apocalyptic environment. I try to imagine how human beings would behave in such a situation, in complete anarchy and without any restrictions dictated by dogmas or beliefs. Then I include some weird stuff like vampires or mutant beasts, just because I like to do it.


5.Over the years you have been a part of plenty other bands and musical projects, what is it that you bring into the music of 'Blutsauger' that you have not been able to do with your other groups?


Musically, as I said before, Blutsauger is a continuation/deviation of Nuclear Aggressor, but without all the limits imposed by the style. I can put in it everything I want, every influence I have, without boundaries or compromises with other members.



6.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Blutsauger'?


It’s a funny story. Years ago, I was at a friend’s house, on the toilet; I was leafing through a bestiary of mythological creatures, when I came across the "Blutsauger" (literally "bloodsucker", a German vampire whose myth is originally from Bosnia and Herzegovina) and I thought "fuck, this would be a great name for a black metal band!". So I kept that name in mind and I used it when I started the project; the myth also inspired me for some lyrics.



7.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on this demo cover?


Basically, it is a fresco depicting a Dance Macabre, which was then heavily modified. The original painting is located in a church in Slovenia, close to where I live.



8.The musical project currently works as a duo but you have experience working with full line ups in the past, do you feel you are able to accomplish more musically with less people?


I feel that it doesn’t matter how many people are involved, but how much energy, ideas and stuff they put into the band. Sometimes I had a full lineup but I was the only thinking mind, and it was always a struggle. In less than a year, we accomplished much more as a duo than other bands I had with four or five members, and that’s because I found in Aasimar a really serious musician; she composed and recorded all her parts in a few days and did a great work. I am currently considering the inclusion of a third member, but it is not yet "official".



9.I have read that you plan on making 'Blutsauger' a live band in the future, what can we expect from your stage performance once you hit the stage?


Exactly. It’s not sure of when it will happen, for I’m always busy with my other bands and projects, but I’ll do it when I’ll find the time and the right people to do it. What to expect? Darkness, brutality and the old black metal attitude!!


10.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?


We have currently only received potential scams from a few companies, to which we have given the most fair interest (zero). In the future we will certainly look for a label to release our next work.



11.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?


Generally, those who have listened to the demo have always given me a very positive feedback; someone was disappointed but only because the demo was too short.



12.What can we expect musically on future releases?


I think that we will continue along the path traced by the demo, perhaps with some other stylistic deviation, but without any significant change of direction.



13.What are some of the bands or musical styles the band members are currently listening to nowadays?


I’m listening lots of thrash metal bands in these days, but the last album I bought and listened it was “The Wheel and the Universe” by Nubivagant… wonderful record!

Aasimar is more into death metal now, I think.



14.Does Satanism or Occultism play any role in your music?


They always do, in some ways. They don’t play the main role, for now, but there surely will be more space for Occultism in our next record, always in a post-apocalyptic world.



15.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?


Just thank you for the review and the interview! Death is the Master, the Master is Death!

Bandcamp: https://blutsauger.bandcamp.com/

Metal Archives: https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Blutsauger/3540499241

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blutsaugerkult/

No comments:

Post a Comment