Sunday, June 12, 2022

Hand Of Flauros Interview

 

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the solo project?

hand of flauros is a project where raw pessimistic melodies and darkness prevail, a project that tries to leave a mark on blackmetal with its own identity without wanting to look like another band, but maintaining the spirit of blackmetal.


2.So far you have released a demo and a full length with this project, musically how do they both differ from each other?

there are not so many differences between the demo and the album, because the songs were already composed by that time. I can say that there are some differences in the mixing process.


3.You are also involved with plenty of other projects, what is it that you bring into the music of 'Hand Of Flauros' that you do not bring in your other musical project?

what makes hand of flauros stand out from my other projects? It's just that it's much darker and cruder, less riffs, more atmosphere. When I wrote these songs I thought of them as a complete work and they didn't fit very well for remorseless winter, so I had to create a new entity, that's how hand of flauros was born.


4.A lot of your lyrics cover occult themes, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in this topic?

I was born in 1984, a time when the cinema had many films involving occult themes and forces from other planes. In my home, a lot of art was consumed: music, cinema and literature. Therefore,I was greatly influenced since I was very young.


5.What are some of the other lyrical topics and subject you have explored so far with the music?


moods, literature, even some social issues and humanity itself are issues that I have addressed in other projects



6.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Hand Of Flauros'?


the hands are the human tool to carry out what you have in your mind, the hands are a means of expression and the flauros of power


7.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?

when I put together the cover I wanted to portray a little the content of the album. although I am not a graphic artist I wanted to give it a personal touch. the forest is dark and desolate. the moon is falling since the size is much larger than it would be seen and the shadow of me is the dehumanization of myself


8.With most of your musical projects you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?

I am open to collaborations or work with other musicians. At the moment, none came with a good proposal, maybe in the future it will be possible.


9.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?

I am not actively looking for a label. However there are some labels that have proposed to publish the material, but we couldn´t come to an agreement.


10.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?

there are many people who liked this album. I would like to be able to get more people who listen to it. Luckily, in black metal there is an audience that wants to listen to new material. the problem is that you cannot get more audience if you don´t have a label who works in the right way. most of labels only want to get economic advantage of your work and most of they always have a narrow vision. we could have a long talk about this issue but it would take a lot of time.


11.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?

I imagine publishing music


12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

I listen to various styles. extreme metal and obviously blackmetal ,but apart from that I listen to jazz, progressive, atmospheric music with drones and synthesizers. All styles stand out something ,even styles that I don't completely like can have something to learn.

Currently, I listen to a lot of AWE, DSO ,mgla, blut aus nord and bands like beyond creation, cynic or king crimmson and established guitarists like Allanholdsworth among others. bands that can  influence the sound of hand of flauros could  be dso, emperor, Mournful Congregation, Sulphuric Night but to be honest there is no direct influence



13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?  

that they support underground black metal ,both listening to their music, buying or sharing is the way to continue keeping this alive. thank you so much for this interview.

Remorseless Winter @ Bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment