Thursday, May 21, 2020

Soul Butcher Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
1.Well it is primitive way of playing Black metal with HC Punk influences.


2.So far you have released a single and demo, musically how do they both differ from each other?
2.Not much really,maybe the production on single is a little better.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects that you have explored so far with the music?
3.Some my visions of worthless life, disgust for peoples and escape into isolation.
Just let the darkness swallow this world with perverted pleasure.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Soul Butcher'?

4.I wanted to create something that would have a terrible message for peoples with aggressive and simple riffs,one big "fuck off and die" attitude.

5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the demo cover?
5.As a big fan of classic photography for covers i wanted something simple for start.
I also like drawings, but classic photography has always been more or less my favorite thing for black metal album covers,just like in old days.
I think my favorite photography for album cover is "Blaze in the northern sky",simple,dark and primitive,i love it!

6.With this project you record everything by yourself but have experience playing with other musicians in each projects, do you prefer working solo?
6.Yes,everything except for vocals, a friend helped me there because I have no idea how to sing haha.
Well with a full band the energy is stronger, and doing solo music is more artistic freedom.
Here is very very hard to find a drummer,or someone who like the same music as you do,it is just almost impossible.
So I would like to find peoples for playing live who will just do what I tell them,that would be awesome.

7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a a label or have received any interest?

7.Not necessary but if anyone is interested to hook me up feel free to contact me.

8.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?

8.Well for now everything is good,peoples who are into metal or punk like it and i cant wait for the day to play live and feel that energy even more.

9.What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that you are a a part of?
9.My main band iz Atomski Rat,a raw hard core punk with several metal and grind influences.I got band Karakondzula,a black/thrash metal band,but that band is on a break for very long time.
I got Rdja, a black metal band but that one is on break as well.And i got Vladar,a small synth dark ambient project for fans of old horror movies soundtracks.

10.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?
10.I got a lot of cool riffs but nothing until I find a drummer.
Well future music will be more black metal way of playing.
I'm planning a new demo with 3 new songs and one cover song,but the conditions are killing me,because there are none of it.

11.What are some of the bands or musical projects that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
11.Oh man there is a lot of it,but I will mention only the most important one's.
The greatest impact who had on Soul Butcher are bands like Nattefrost,Ildjarn,Fuck off and die(a band from Lithuania),Horna,The shitlickers,Disclose,Hellhammer,Impaled nazarene,Whiskey ritual and of course mighty Darkthrone.
And nowadays i listen a lot of new black and death metal bands who sound pretty old in style of sound and riffs.
I mean just give me simply riffs and i am happy guy,bands like Maim,Bastard priest,Obliteration.
And of course a lot of gothic rock bands like She past away and one of my personal favorite bands of all time Lebanon Hanover.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12.Don't live by the rules,make you own rules and enjoy it! And check out Serbian Black metal,there are a lot of great bands you can find that nobody knows about,pure underground stuff.

Bandcamp
Facebook





















No comments:

Post a Comment