1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
Hails! Musical creativity is closely connected with every step of my life in this world
and songs actually reflect my own certain level of consciousness. So, every release of Deviator is logical to my own world as evolution of my mind. Now I am working on new EP and going to release it on the next year (2012). Title of new Creation will be very unusual and rather differ from previous works as in musical form and ideological position. Becouse new songs are dedicated to new generation of people - brave, noble and strong on all levels of existance united by Divine Flame...
2. How would you describe the music of the newer material and how it differs from the older releases?
Music of Deviator has been developed from minimalistic dark ambient sound on early releases to much more agressive, passionable and atmospheric sound of Black/Death metal on new albums. This process has begun since 2009 year and coninues now though as I have mentioned new songs are more epic and have another vocal.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
Strong human feelings - anger, suffering, despair, frustration, pain; apocalyptic themes & destruction, honour and supremacy; Adversary archetype...
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
Root "Dev" has indo-european origin and means "shining". Title of Deviator and logo with runescript reveals the Will to disclose the divine potential of our true essence....
5. I have noticed that this project has been both a solo project and also at one time had other musicians involved, which one do you prefer working solo or with other band members?
It is obvious that work as studio project has much better effect and development than short period being live band. Unfortunately I have not found suitable and serious people to play with me live. However some other people have helped me to realize my ideas...
6. Recently you have released a compilation album, what are your opinions on the release and what was the decision behind the compilation?
I think releasing this CD it is quite good idea as it traces an evolution of my one-man band, different level of sound as musical and conceptual development.
7. Currently you are singed to Glorious North Productions how did you get in contact with this label and how would you describe the support that they have given you so far?
Glorious North Productions is the best label I have ever cooperated with. I have e-mailed to him with proposition to release some new Deviator material. I really respect this label and we have many outlook signs in common with it's owner...
8. On a worldwide level how has your music been recieved by black metal fans?
I have noticed many positive reviews on my Creativity of course not such all of them. My music is not for everyone. Some songs have really deep sinister, obscure atmosphere influenced by totally negative feelings. But Evil is part of our life and I think this kind of Art for passianable but mentally and spiritually strong people with developed feeling of intuitive perception of the world...
9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
In my opinion I have partially answered on this question. I would like to create more
spiritual and epic Art.
10. What are some bands or music styles that have influenced your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Burzum(early), Blut Aus Nord, Bathory(viking era), Metallica (early), Gorgoroth( early), Amon Amarth I like very much. Well, many kinds of extreme metal I have been listen to like atmospheric, viking, pagan, satanic, anti-cosmic, depressive, symphonic black metal, melodic/brutal death metal, funeral doom etc.
11. What are some of the forms Of Satanism, Occultism and Paganism that have had the most impact on your practices and music and also which occultists, philosophers and organizations do you find the most interesting?
I think it is very important to find own way for every person that means his/her true
Will. Not every knowledge is acceptable for human being. Nowadays we live in strange period of time and overloaded information of different kind. As for me I am interested to get really useful knowledge that means self-exploration and development, follow my natural insticts and true feelings but with awareness my own place between other stars...On the other hand I perceive my own limitation and I can not be always perfect and wise. Becouse Nature is measure of all things not human being with his/her own local perception of truth.( Nature is not only visible world but subtle worlds that organically connected with each other) . Of course is hard sometimes to keep balance and justice all the time but another life is here despite people according to their selfish goals do not want to see
it...As for second part of your question I should say I have no reliable info about certain occult organizations as I am not a member in any of them.(I do not trust people much).However some writers(personalities) has or had influence on my mind of course like K.G.Jung, F.Nietzsche, V.Vikernes, E.Levi, S.Grof, VeleslaV, A.Crowley...
12. Outside of music, what are some of your interests?
Ancient history; North,Greek,Egyptian and other mythology, chess, Runes, Moon,
psychology(transpersonal too),ancient artefacts, pentacles, amulets, Martial Arts,
football, PC games(FPS, RPG, strategies), shamanism, sorcery, healing, levitation, astral, ghosts etc.
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
To forgotten Land
To forgotten Hope
To Sacrality of Blood
Wings will grow
To Create New World!