1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
1. Well, Agrath was formed in 2004 by myself (Lord Thammuz), our current bass player (Black Spectrum), and Vrykolakas our drummer back then. We play nasty raw black metal, and we all currently live in NYC. We have three demos out, a full-length album entitled 'The Fall of Mankind' which was released in 2009, and we recently recorded our second full-length to come out later this year entitled 'Thy Kingdom Come'. Also we have a split with the band Mortum from NJ.
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
2. We're mostly inspired by Darkthrone's Transilvanian Hunger, Under a Funeral Moon era, adding our own kind of sound keeping it raw and heavy. All that can be expected is pure armageddon.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
3. Agrath's lyrics are misanthropic, hatred towards society, and humanity in general; the coming of eternal darkness & chaos, and some spells dedicated to the Demoness Agrath.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
4. Agrath is the name of a female Demon on Hebrew mythology, and according to the Talmud the wife of Asmodeus king of all Demons.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
5. Let's see, so far we've played shows with bands such as Inquisition, Destroyer 666, Summon, Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult, Negative Plane (myself, and our current drummer play on it as well), amongst others, and local bands obviously.
6. Do you have any tour or show plans for the future?
6. We have a show coming up for the end of May, we'll be performing with Deiphago from Phillipines whom will be playing at this year's MDF. No tour plans at this moment.
7. Recently Horizon Productions released a split with Mortum, what are your thoughts on the final product and also what is your opinion on the other band that participated?
7. Our side of the split consists of one of our demos called 'Kreation Destroyed' which was recorded live at our den back in 2007. We're satisfied with the final output of the split, and as for Mortum they're really great guys, and their hymns dark as fuck, really great stuff. We still have yet to share stage with them. Hopefully anytime soon.
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
8. Overall I think it's been good, we're still an unknown band, we play for the few masses that enjoy orthodox hateful black metal, and we'll keep doing it as long as we stay together. We've received positive feedback from some parts around the globe, and have a nice fanbase in South America, we've received a few reviews from fanzines in Asia, South America, and Poland, so I can't complain about it.
9. What is going on with the other musical projects these days?
9. Our bass player, and drummer (Ignotus) are currently working on a project called Ominous Resurrection which I recommend 666%, darkened atmospheric black metal with no shitty keyboards, only darkness at it's purest. As for Negative Plane we'll be doing a couple a shows later this year in Europe, one is in Prague (Prague Death Mass Vol. II), and another in Oslo, Norway (Bunker II), that's all I can tell for now.
10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
10. The Same direction we currently have. I don't plan on changing our writing style. Our second opus to be yet released differs from the first one soundwise, but musically keeps the same essence, and we want to keep it that way.
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
11. Well, like I mentioned before one of my main inspirations is Darkthrone on their black metal era, but obviously I can't leave out early Mayhem, and Burzum which also inspired me. Nowadays personally I've been listening to a lot of 'War metal' how it's called, bands as Proclamation, Revenge, Teitanblood, Diocletian, Blasphemy of course, etc., obviously I don't leave on the side black metal which is the style I listen mostly, bands as S.V.E.S.T, Root, Master's Hammer, Mortuary Drape, Sarcofago, and the like.
12. How would you describe your views on Satanism and Occultism?
12. As you might know this topic about occultism is very deep and very personal, all I can say is that in Agrath we are all satanists in our own way, a true satanist does whatever necessary to make his life better and have total control of his life and what surrounds him, thus becoming stronger. Speaking for myself (Ignotus) I'm a practicioner of magick I've been walking on the left hand path for many years.
13. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
13. Outside music I have a normal life you can say, I'm married no kids though, and plan to keep it that way hah! I have a job, can't complain, although music specifically black metal makes part of my every day routine as I listen to it on a daily basis.
14.Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
14. I just want to thank you for the interview, and help spreading the Agrath disease to other masses. Cheers!