Thursday, February 25, 2016

Aether Interview

1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the musical project these days?

For sure. I just released two new singles, one is that Anomalia, you recently reviewed (thanks for that) and one is the collaboration with me and my friend Mäander. Anomalia also got a nice video with peices of dadaism filmlets of Hans Richter, an german dada artist from the last century.


2.Recently you have released a new single, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the song and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?

The main difference is: Anomalia is dance music. Since I was working on Aether, I went through problems with shitty synthie drums. But they are great for any kind of other music than black metal. So I decided to make beats and put a pretty nice Black Metal riff over them. The next point is, that I worked on the composition of Metamorphosis II for about two years, for Metamorphosis I about a half year. Anomalia just took about a day and it was written, but the mixing, the arrangement of the percussion and so took more than a month – for one song. Composition time and producing time switched.

And the difference to Altar and Esoteric Violence is the whole concept. That's clear.

I would describe the music as simple, but in many ways touching. You can hear the spontaneity of creating it, you hear the process of how I got into that sound, how I learned making it.



3.All  of the songs are instrumental, are you open to using any vocals in the future?

Yeah, maybe. But not in the way I used vocals on the Metamorphosis works. I would make samples, something fragmentary, teared apart.


4.You express some anti racist,anti fascist, anti homophobic, atheist, and anarchistic views, can you tell us a little bit your views?

Gladly I will. As I couldn't think otherwise as the human I still am behind Aether and Ravachol, I couldn't imagine to not express my beliefs. Even if I got attacked for that via facebook after I told that the last time in an interview in the Trvefrykt Zine. Yes, I stand against discrimination, espacially discrimination of minorities and women. I stand against ideologies and religion. And I fucking hate fascists.


5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Aether'?

I had no special thought about that when I choose that name, but it seems to me that some possible associations appeared since then. Aether is a german name for the chemical ether that can be used as a drug that makes you sleep, but before that you get drowsy and euphoric. Äther is as well a obsolete physical conception about how light spreads. I think that meaning sounds good as something materialistic, but critical in not pointing out the width of materialism. That is something important to me: don't be perfect in concepting and creating music and art. If there is no conflict, then your stuff is boring.


6.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to remain solo?

Maybe. I don't know. I don't need other peaople for the music, but perhaps someone will participate for a guestpart, a collaboration or a feature.



7.Recently you did a collaboration with 'Maander', can you tell us a little bit more about it?

Mäander is a friend of mine that started making noise music. We decided to meet up one day and jam a little with the new equipment he bought. So we recorded that jam and what came out is Esoteric Violence. I like doing noise and all that experimental stuff. It feels like action painting. And I love doing something like that with my friends. Greeting to you, Mäander!


8.Your last few releases where self released but you have worked with a record label before in the past, are you open to working with another label or do you prefer the DIY method a lot more?

Yeah, it's much better to release via a label. Both labels i signed in – Negation Records and No Sleep Till Megiddo – are doing great work. And perhaps Metamorphosis II will appear soon. For Anomalia and that new material I'd love to find a label again. But the DIY method is also great if you just want to release something now


9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?

For Anomalia there is a lot of nice feedback. But it is still a little too unknown although I try bringing it to the people in various ways. Thanks to all the feedback, help and responds to my people!



10.When can we expect another full length and also where do you see yourself heading into musically during the future?

I definitely want to extend my way of Electronica Black Metal to record a full length album and to play it live. And there are two experimental splits in the queue.


11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

My influences are located in older and modern Black Metal, but also in classical works of Stockhausen and Mahler. I currently listening to Ancst, Fall of Efrafa, Norn, Naðra, Jungbluth, Ära Krâ and Kalte Tage. I like the actual german Black Metal innovations and that icelandic scene seems to be something great, too.



12.What are some of your non musical interests?

I enjoy experiencing with film and filming. I read a lot and write sometimes.


13.Before we wrap up this interview,do you have any final words or thoughts?
I just want to thank the people that are into Aether, the people got touched by my music and share it. Thanks. And fuck NSBM.

Bandcamp
Facebook
Tumblr
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment