Thursday, August 30, 2018

Heathid Equis Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
It is a project started by myself and T.W. We really just wanted to create music and honestly had no notions or ideas of what it would sound like. There was really no “vision.” Everything was created very spontaneously with very little communication about what it should or shouldn’t be. We just worked towards some type of finished product.

2.Recently you have released a demo, can you tell us a little bit more on what you wanted to achieve musically with this recording?
We just wanted to create some music. We agreed upon doing a recording and just went from there.

3.Can you tell us a little bit more about the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your music?
 Disappointment.

 4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name "Heathid Equis'?
Rather than find words to use for a name or debate over their significance, we opted to create our own.

5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the demo cover?
Simplistic and symbolic, it’s the way to go.

6.Currently there are only 2 members in the band, are you open to expanding your line up or do you prefer to remain a duo?
I think we started this project without really knowing or putting too much thought into where it would go. I don’t really think we know what will happen in the future.

7.The demo was released by 'Grey Matter Productions', how did you get in contact with this label?
That was all T.W. and they’re amazing for doing the release.

8.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?
I don’t really read much online metal stuff, but what I have seen has been positive.

9.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
I don’t think we know the answer at the moment. We will just have to see what happens.

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
We never had any discussion about what we wanted as far as a particular sound going into the recording process. There was no writing session or brainstorming. We really didn’t have an influence or a list of bands we wanted to draw from sonically. I know on my end I just tried to translate how I felt into music. As far as what I listen to, it really varies from week to week. Mostly old metal, classic rock and 80s pop. I rarely listen to anything new.

11.Does Occultism play any role in your music?
 I’ve always been drawn to occult based visual imagery as well as lyrical imagery, but as far as it being a direct influence though, I’d say no.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
 Just a thank you to those who gave us a listen.

Grey Matter Productions @ Bandcamp





1 comment:

  1. Jason is a faggot retard but his music is alright, I guess.

    ReplyDelete