Saturday, July 6, 2019

Burguli Interview

1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the musical project these days?
I recently release the album Ombres which I have to give thanks about the review you done and, well, not much. I’m trying to distribute Ombres and thinking about next. I have to fix ideas but probably next will be a and album made entirely on keyboard. Which was almost all made during my period living in Edinburgh (Scotland). And more in the future keep investigating with common instruments (guitar, bass…) moreover keyboard, and very probably traditional instruments from Iberian Peninsula, Where I am from.


2.Musically how do all of your releases differ from each other?
Actually, I think they don’t differ a lot. I try all of them have a common look. Although, it’s true that, if I made something no so common, is to introduce to the future works, we could say. One example of that could be, next solo keyboard album I told about in previous question.

3.Some of your lyrics deal with Satanism and Occultism, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in the dark arts?
I became curious about black arts during my teenager, reading books like Satanic Bible, Magick of Alesteir Crowley, Sacret Magic of Abramelin… And, even though I haven’t read proper books for a while, I kept interested in it and downloading and buying some.

4.What are some of the other lyrical topics and subjects you have explored over the years with your music?
Lyrical topics of Burgûli use to be Darkness, entities between realities and other worlds, occultism, and one topic that I like a lot, past. In particular, next work will talk about ancient gods of Iberian Peninsula.

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Burguli'?
Reality is, that before I arrived to Burgûli, there was a complex process. I wanted something simple but that summarize the essence of Black Metal. So, first of all I though, obviously, in the word “darkness” but in some language, that can’t be Mordor Speech, as we all know that’s Burzum. So, I though in other tongues that could fit and like. I though in Spanish, German… try to find in some Celtic… But I realize none of them sound enough dark to me. Then I reflect on which was darkness tongue. That was Mordor Speech, of course, and I search through the one ring poem of “The Lord of the Rings” to find in the last verse the word “Burgûli”, that means Shadows. And I think that in some way, the world and humanity nowadays is a shadow of a more epic and greater past.

6.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the recent album cover?
Darkness is a topic that is always in my mind, and that all albums must have in some way. So, for the cover I needed some that represents that, and that was, once again, Mordor, the dark country where there’s no light and all is covered by a perpetual darkness.
I looked for different artists and illustrators and found that illustration by Rod Mendez, that fits perfectly with my idea. A picture of Mordor that was easy to recognize, with Mount Doom and Lugburz.

7.Can you tell us a little bit more about the name you use 'Lord Gothaur'?
I’m a great fan of Tolkien’s work, and reading “The Silmarillion”, I found “Gorthaur” as a name with elves refer to “Sauron” during the firsts ages of The world. That means something like “The Bloodthirsty”. I like and I took it. But I added the “Lord” to make it more magnificence, importance, powerful.

8.On the albums you record everything by yourself, do you have any experience working with full bands or line ups?
In fact, I don’t. I have lot of friends who have their own band or play in bands, but I’ve never played in one. Is for that reason that it has been a hard work every step I’ve done. Beginning from a thing as simple as record myself, until, recently, master my own themes. Of course, I haven’t learned all by myself, it has been through tutorials on youtube, music forums, asking friends, friends of friends. And there’s a long a way to go down yet.


9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?
Nothing in particular. There are people who like a lot, people who don’t like. People who just think is a very personal project. Very different points of view. Can’t never like to everyone, moreover when you are doing a so particular work.

10.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
I can’t imagine in any definite way. And, I don’t think much about. I just do what I want and try to spread my darkness as much and as far as I can. I reflected about many times, and is not good to focus on a very definite idea, as its very common things doesn’t happen as you thank about.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
I focus on the artists and on the way or vision that they give than just on the music. I like Bathory, Burzum, Taake, Darkthrone, Nargaroth, Drudkh Isengard...
Well, recently I’ve been listening Summoning and Moonsorrow, two very good bands in their respective epic sound.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
First of all, give thanks to you for your review and for this interview. Give thanks to whoever read this interview and listen Burgûli. And just say to get shroud by darkness and don’t allow the light consume you.

Bandcamp
Facebook
Myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment