Saturday, October 9, 2021

Omninous Reflections Interview

 



1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?


First of all thank you for this interview. 


Ominous Reflections is the purest expression of my beliefs as a theistic Satanist. 


Ominous Reflections is Satan's will manifested upon the earth, staying true to the core of what black metal should be about and is a doorway to the nightside, freedom and knowledge, and will touch the darkest recesses of the listener's spirit. 



    2.So far you have released a demo and an ep, musically how do they both differ from each other?


Musically the sound has completely evolved from what was on the demo "Inversion of the Holy". The EP "Die Ewige Swart Lig" has more of a potent and concentrated feel and sound. 


The songs on EP are haunting and violent and have a flow to them. 


Spiritually the new EP is the purest form of Satanism, devotion and sacrifice. 




3.The band has been around since 2010 but so far only has 2 releases, can you tell us a little bit more about the long wait in between recordings?


In 2010 I started writing the music and forming my spirituality into songs, two years later in 2012 we recorded the demo "Inversion of the Holy". 


Then I put together a full line up with session musicians to play live. 


While writing more material, at the end of 2014 I got rid of all the session musicians because I felt they did not have the passion and spiritual fire which is needed to play black metal. 


I put the band on hold but I was still writing material in the process. In 2019 I knew the time was right to resurrect Ominous Reflections. 


At the same I also started another project called Onheilig (which translates to "Unholy") and released a demo in 2020 on the Swedish label Avgrundsklanger. 


I have begun to write new material for a full-length album. I believe in taking time to release something of quality and substance. 


4.A lot of your lyrics cover Theistic Satanism, can you tell us a little bit more about what this path means to you?


It means everything and it is everything. 


    5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Ominous Reflections'?


The music and lyrics reflect what is hidden and is dormant in us and releases it. 


"I am Him!

I am His Will upon this earth!

A Ominous Reflection of what lurks within my soul."


This sums up what is meant by the name Ominous Reflections. 


6.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the ep cover?


The whole concept of the album art came to me through my rituals and meditations, as with everything I do in Ominous Reflections. 


The cover art is encompasses everything that Ominous Reflections is. 


7.The band started out as a solo project but has expanded into a full band, what was the decision behind adding in other members?


Ominous Reflections started out as a two piece band, myself on guitars, vocals, lyrics and arrangements. 


Ominous Reflections has truly always been a solo project and still is to this day. Like I mentioned before all the musicians that have played for Ominous Reflections are session members.


I required a full line-up when Ominous Reflections was playing shows. I only do vocals when performing live. All my energy goes into that. 


When in the studio I do everything except the bass and drums. 


    8.Has the band done any live shows or open to the idea? 


Ominous Reflections played live for almost three years before ending it due to the lack of dedication and passion from the session members. 


Ominous Reflections is a studio band, but I might consider live shows when the time is right again. 



9.The new ep was released on 'Rigor mortis Productions' can you tell us a little bit more about this label?


Rigor Mortis Productions is a label that preserves the true essence of black metal and is run with honor and loyalty. 


Rigor Mortis Productions signs bands that create black metal with true spiritual meaning and force behind them. 


10.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?


It has been phenomenal so far, from Europe to America - from all over, in fact. 


11.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?


I see no end in sight for Ominous Reflections. I believe this EP "Die Ewige Swart Lig" has opened the door to many great things and I know there are still those who crave for true black metal, so I will keep creating in His name. 


12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?


As a musician I listen to almost everything that has substance regardless of the style or genre. 


13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?


There are no boundaries on this path, the only limitations are those you set for yourself, fear and doubt will only hinder you. 


Ad Majorem Sathanas Gloriam! 



Facebook
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment