Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Dragojiniak Interview

 


 1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the solo project?


1.Dragojiniak it's a black metal one man project focused on discussing topics beyond occultism and religion. My goal with this project it's to produce music that tackles subjects of my own personal struggles and topics about life, war, love, frustration and of course envy.


2.In December you had released both a full length and an ep, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style that you went for on those recordings?


2. For both releases I've tried to sound close to 90's norwegian and finnish Black Metal, with influences of War Metal, Ambient music and Dungeon Synth. However I think there is still a lot to improve as I am looking forward into producing a more polished and better produced sound.


3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have explored with the music so far?


3. As I've mentioned before, I like writing about War, Life and maybe philosophy (Even though I am a complete zero when it comes to philosphy). Many lyrics are deeply personal and I write according to the emotions I am feeling at the time, and while not great they are certainly written with passion.


4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Dragojiniak'?


4.Sounds crazy, but I have no idea how this name came to mind. One day I woke up and the words just came to my mind.


5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the full length and ep cover's?


5.The ideia of the cover in Dragojiniak (the album) was to represent the world I have envision while writing the lyrics for the band. The ideia for Dragojiniak it's to be set in a medieval world. However instead of only singing about glorious battles and conquerors I want to sing about everyday life of peasents and farmers as well, so that is the reason why I chose to depict a peasent looking down to the river.


The cover art for Ascend is a painting made by russian artist Stepan Kolesnikoff, where a wolf in the snow looks at a warm hut. I simply chose this art because I think it looks good.


6.On the Instagram page you also had an occult symbol with a third eye in the middle, do you have any interest in Occultism?


6. This is a symbol I created specifically for the band, the ideia is to represent virtues and flaws found in both heroes and villains. Personally I have no interest in occultism and the symbol will make more sense later, as the ideia of Dragojiniak is to tell a story through music and the symbol will come in hand for the next Full-length.




7.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to keep a lower profile?


7. I am thinking about working with others since I am not exaclty a good drummer or "producer".  While I am open for working with musicians, I would only do it with those who I personally know and trust.


8.On both the metal archives page you are listed as being from an unknown area, do you prefer to keep your location secret?


8. Yes, for the moment I have no interst in sharing personal details. Maybe in the future? Who knows...

Also the name used in my email (Gerald Sanders) is merely a pseudonymous I came up with and not my real name.


9.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?


9. I am interested, but I think my chances of getting signed are very low. I have been reached out by some P.R. agencies but I have no interest in it. But I am 100% open to negotiate with small labels, specially involving physical releases.


10.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?



10. I would say the debut album had some mixed reactions. Some liked it while others think it was not good, which is fine to me. Yesterday I was surprised to receive an email of a ""fan""" reaching out to me saying they liked the band, which is always something pleasent to hear.




11.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?


11. I don't know, probably with some better skills and more knowledge in music production.


12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?


12.My main influences in Dragojiniak are Bathory (Blood fire Death era), early-Burzum, Absurd, Beherit and Mystifier. I would say that Bathory is the main influence, as I am looking to bring a more melodic and epic sound to Dragojiniak.


Lately I have been listening to a lot of Goatmoon, Absurd, Goatpenis, Goatkraft, Witchcraft (Finland), Deathgod Luciferi, Revenge, Blasphemy, Abnue, Wolftower (Finland), Burzum and Bathory.


(I am not a neonazi btw, I just enjoy music.)


13.before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?


13. I want to thank the 'Occult Black Metal' zine for this interview. If you (the reader) have any interest in contacting me send me an email at " geraldsanders442@gmail.com" or DM me on instagram, I will gladly answer any questions or doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment