Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Enki Interview

 


1.For those that have neve heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the solo project?


Enki: well first thing , enki I started  because of a person, and that person will forever be important.

In botkyrka(sweden)also some personal issues, I decided  to do Enki because i had no one, it was my only  friend .sad story. I wont go into details.


2.Since 20220 you have released a great amount of material, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style that you have went for on those recordings so far?

I was just putting ideas i had into reality, if life is pain, then you might as well make the most of the pain before all light  goes out.


#.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have explored so far with the music?

Dreams. Only dreams mostly due to social phobia, night terrors and Love.


4.On one of the albums you also went for more of an instrumental style, can you tell us a little bit more about the decision behind going into this musical direction?

I don't do much vocals because  i have a injury in my throat. Therefor music is more  important.


5.I know that the name 'Enki' comes from Sumerian Mythology, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in this subject?

Yes correct, well, when i wad 12I saw in my grandfathers book, it was an old book, and one character was Enki. And it became my nickname along with Varjo. which means shadow in finish.


6.You record most of the music by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?

Alone, but i aim to get someone who is more known in the dsbm scene too start something, maybe someday.

7.In the last couple of years you also have released a great amount of material, do you spend a great amount of your time writing and creating music?

All time basically, I suffer from social phobia and  wont go out Unless i have my bloody shades on my eyes. otherwise I freeze and panic. so I spend  all time on it.


8.You also have done some 'Sterbend' and 'Trist' covers, what was the decision behind doing your own version of their songs?

Sterbend was the first  band within  the genre i heard, and personally that  track  means a lot to me, and I always wanted  to do it. Even if vocals was pure pain to Do . I remember my vein almost popped and bursted during Sterbend  cover.


9.You also have been a part of a few splits, can you tell us a little bit more about the bands or musical projects that you have shared these recordings with?

Yes correct, well all bands i split with are friends, and they are all amazing individual's ,one guy i truly respect  is the guy behind drowning deeper, amazing guy and music, and franz  from dismal suffering. Truly amazing. ofc there are others, many others  and all are incredible .many asked me for splits and I also asked them.


10.You have some material coming out with members from 'Happy Days' and 'Dismal Suffering' doing session work, can you tell us a little bit more about their contributions to the recordings?

Yes , dismal suffering  vocalist  is currently recording vocals for 2 or 3 Enki  tracks that will be shown i Think  i one week or so. about Happy Days  A.Morbid  will be guest  vocalist  on one of Enki's tracks, will be out on my channel  in January.


11.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of depressive black metal?

I actually  got way to much wonderful words, and its strange, because i am not used to it, but they keep me alive, like always too deep  wounds, and its done.


12.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?

I aim to do better full lengths with  something  unique  and something  people  will have in their  hearts until death,  i also want to do merch.

I also have a dream to join  a big label.


13.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

First of all, there are many that  influenced me, but I would say Nyktalgia, Malfeitor  even sent me a signed tape with some Flyers  last years so he knows i am a big fan. Happy Days, Wehmut, Naeblis and Lustre.

Nowadays its relaxing piano music, i call it music for the weak. And Alice Cooper.


14.before we wrap up this interview,

Do you  have any final words of thoughts?


I would like to say thank  you

You can also expect  a split with ANTI  very very soon..


Until then

"Im Heading for the razor "

/Enki


https://youtube.com/channel/UCyGKPqy1fFCOPlrpL1Fp56Q

No comments:

Post a Comment