Saturday, December 24, 2022

Dubnik Interview

 

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the solo project?


So, “Dubnik” is a project where I tell the folklore of the place I was born. It has so many interesting stories that could be placed into the lyrics. So I did it.


2.Recently you have released an ep, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical styles that you went for on the recording?


Definitely it’s “Black metal”. I don’t know a better metal music genre to write songs about your “roots”. Also as you noticed in the review it’s atmospheric black metal. I tried to put the listener into the atmosphere of Myth I’m telling into every song. I hope it works. 


3.Your lyrics cover Prussian Myths and Legends, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in these topics?


So, as I told before I was born there. That’s what I grew up with. This region has so many interesting stories that I can tell to the world, so I decided to do this. That’s my interest to tell people about my surrounding and the history which is placed into it. 


4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Dubnik'?


“Dubnik” translates as oak forest. There are a lot of forests there and also forests with oaks. And one of main symbols of pagan prussians tribes was an oak. Also this word “Dubnik” contains three letters from my name and surname so this project is me. My soul if you wish. 


5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the ep cover?


This is photo I made this summer in the place called Kuršių nerija (Curonian Spit). It’s one of the most beautiful places in the world i my opinion. And I decided to place it as album cover because this is the forest where the history happen where the myth was born. The forest is a magic place that hides a lot of mysteries. And this forest from the cover also keep three different stories. 


6.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?


I don’t think I’m gonna work with someone for writing songs but for recording or maybe playing live I think it’s possible.


7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?


I’m looking for offers.


8.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of atmospheric black metal?


As I can see in the comment section on the black metal resources people like my music. And it’s great. 


9.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?


I can’t give you any dates but I hope it will happen soon. As a musician I just want to make more music.


10.Do you also have any other experience playing with other bands or musical projects?


Yes, I’m doing vocals for “Wintermorph” we also released the debut EP “Ashes” December 21st. And I have an experimental/industrial death metal project called “Slam Master”. Also I do some music for one more band but this is anonymous project so I can’t tell you it’s name. 


11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?


Mgła, Kriegsmaschine, Heilung, Danheim, Anaal Nathrakh, Mick Gordon.


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts? 


If this interview will be published before January 1st. Happy Yule to everyone!


Bandcamp: https://dubnik.bandcamp.com/album/sacrifice

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/0JDFwxDqSF57RzHKrx93VB?si=uwFem9m5QXK3PN9z4x3SDw

Apple Music: https://music.apple.com/us/album/sacrifice-single/1659707986

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dubnikofficial

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dubnikofficial/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@dubnikofficial

No comments:

Post a Comment