Monday, February 20, 2023

Drakon Ho Megas Interview

 

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?


First of all thank you for this interview, for your presentation and your support.  The band was formed in 2004 by me as the only member, but not officially, while I had created some songs, I didn't have the right contacts with certain people to lead me to companies etc. In time I had a friend Lord Nero who had  a band that helped me and suggested me a record label and also heard the songs he liked and wanted to sing them, so I decided to have him do the vocals, so the band was formed in 2020 officially now, and it started with a session singer, and  not as a member Lord Nero, although I have honored it in the albums as a member, although there is a full reference, it would take up space to write you in detail much more about how it came about, but a short and quick description is preferable.


2. So far you have released 2 albums, musically hoe do they both differ from each other?


Basically there is no difference in guitars and keyboards, just the first one had a different and production not as good as the second album, the second one had better tools that I worked with, new programs too. as different drums that many consider fake but to make the sound libraries in the drum programs are from real drummers recorded from real drums and not from programs or otherwise and normal computer processed drums will make it to the final stage it's almost  the same thing  . Now there were some original ideas on the second album overall, more synthetic album more advanced musically and in some places more technical, with more keys on symphonic elements, whereas the first one was simpler and with less symphonic stuff, whatever. very small differences.


3.  A lot of your lyrics cover satanic and occult themes, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in the dark arts?


Although I don't like to prove that I'm the character of the word wizard or anything, or maybe it's not serious to show off as someone who will say yes that he's a Satanist or whatever in public, it certainly doesn't seem serious, but because of the music, I will  I wanted to talk to you a little more openly now, because we were also in freer days, so to speak, in quotes. I started to be influenced by 70's horror movies from a young age and quite a few magical and occult books that were on the market at that time in very different and difficult times from now, that is, compared to today. My love for magic has cost me a fortune but also a lot of creativity, in becoming a better person in the soul, building spiritual strength, happiness and true love and at the same time wisdom and understanding of things. I have been dealing for over 23 years in general with the times of the occult sciences and specifically with the left foot, black magic/satanism I have been in some orders abroad, also if you ask me why not in Greece? the groups are fake in the Greek area, and confused with parties either left or extreme right unfortunately and they are for young children who don't know, really funny but also abroad they don't exist and many serious ones need a lot of attention everywhere because there are many fraudsters to sell their books  and provide you with lessons for money, also mention what satanism are we talking about? if they asked me. After many years I created my own order, maybe it will be revealed next time because it still has a job, I have been working for a long time and studying inner Christianity and Gnosticism with the heretical orders like the Cainites, the Ophites. , and so on, which is the true basis of this piece.


4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Drakon Ho Megas'?


Mainly it was the influence when from a young age I read the revelation of John, but without understanding what it meant, but it had terrified me and at the same time frightened me just by the description of the red dragon and the rest of the beasts on the earth, and since then all  this story had been recorded, then again I studied the book carefully but many times over time I realized that it is not a prophetic book but a revelation in general, what I also wanted to add is that some people write in comments that I got the name from  Therion and I answer them, where did the Therion get it, was it their own discovery? however it may be personally I don't know what each band does I know very well what I do and I write it carefully and I'm not a person to copy things and elements from others.



5. Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?


It's a painting, painted by Mars Triumph, I told him exactly what I wanted and he painted it exactly like on the first record, he's good and talented, there's always the symbolic character like in the first painting of the debut album, I never think about anything random,  I always want there to be a base and evidence, in the middle we see the Antichrist the figure with the imposing character and attitude, on the right the false prophet the pope and on the left a priest under the pope taking his own initiatives, the Antichrist shows the universe  , which is the great dragon Satan, as he also receives power from the dragon, it is all about the apocalypse, although John did not tell us about the antichrist in the apocalypse but in his epistles, he describes to us the beasts, of which he is  perhaps the Antichrist. Now as an Antichrist figure at least in my head I am not so satisfied with the painting because some things were changed in the design but due to time pressure etc we left it as it is.


6.Has the band done any live shows or open to the idea?


There had been some discussions with the other members about preparing for live, but unfortunately the band is not for live, there were very specific reasons in the band's ethos that the other members did not follow, because they had different perceptions. of the subject was in favor of live, while I was not for a very specific reason that has done with the spiritual path, and secondly there was no time to start such a thing, but mainly it is the first different opinions and perceptions.


7 Currently there is only one member of the band but you had an line-up earlier, is this band going to become a solo project?


Yes, now I'm vertical to this, I don't want any other member, and I don't want to collaborate either, maybe for something else I have to create another band again solo in the future, now I've taken it all on my own, but even before I was alone again because  I wrote the music,



8  Your albums have been released through 'Ancient Spirit Terror', Austrial Holocaust Productions' and 'Floga Records', do you feel these labels have been very helpful when it comes to getting your music out there heard?



Also, the Razorbleed production company that released the tape on the second album, to mention, was a beginning of cooperation, I don't like top companies either, I was looking for not too big or even small companies to release the album, now I think it doesn't play such a big factor  the company as long as there is honesty in the benefits that each one gives, because I have heard that there are companies that unfortunately you also put from your own pocket while they promise you but before you sign, now with you tube through channels you do a very good job as an advertisement also it is enough to  you have a company to officially cut your album, I didn't have any problem with the specific companies, they were all professionals.



9  On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?


Even from the debut album when it came out, there were quite a few comments both positive and a little negative, like I stole the band name from Therion from their album Ho drakon ho megas and the funny thing is that someone said it again, there are some  reason they're trying to find, but it had a huge impact worldwide and there's evidence of it, I'm not mentioning it to prove it to you to win the award, but in short it did very well, just as the second one did even better and continues.



10  Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?


I continue now without anyone trying to create obstacles and controversies, I have started with several ideas for the new album, as long as there are ideas I will write music, I do it with love and as a gift of work to the so-called devil every song is dedicated to him, also I already have  start the new album, I decided to make a record anyway after a year or so, maybe more.



11. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?


It's quite a difficult question lately I've been listening to music based on my psychology, I've been listening to various music lately I'm also listening to classical because it calms me down from my everyday life, specifically I'm with the times, mainly heavy 80s classics, also from the NWOBHM school, but  mainly for a long time like now i listen to finnish black metal not so much norwegian now i mainly influence and the music i make i am influenced a lot by samael , dimmu borgir , the old man's child but samael's first albums until the reign of light and the albums  back, Finnish I like quite a lot of groups musically because usually there is a misunderstanding, mainly I always talk about music, from the Greek scene the oldest albums since I heard about them were at my age rotten Christos, Nekromanteia, Varathron only the old ones we all loved those  the groups, but as influences maybe the rotten Christ is there for sure but don't copy something and do I'm very impressive  one with the passage of Samael, I also listen to gothic, post punk, electrogothic, etc.



12.   Before e wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?


Thank you all for your support, I'm not going to make fun of any listeners musically, I'll always leave something for them, thanks for the presentation and the interview too, the dragon is getting ready and coming stronger than ever, with the blessing of father Satan.

No comments:

Post a Comment