Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Sadomassacre Interview

 

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the solo project?

1. I conceived of this project earlier this year, and put a demo together in June. The idea was to be straight to the point, old school, and DIY. I wanted to make short, simple tracks that would be enjoyable to make and give off a don't-give-a-fuck attitude.


2.So far you have released a demo, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style that you went for on the recording?

2. It's basically a mix of black metal and punk, styles i really enjoy and find fun to make.


3.Some of your lyrics cover occult themes, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in the dark arts?

3. I've always found that stuff fascinating, as does basically everyone involved in this style of music. I'm not an expert on the occult or demonic to be honest. But it always evokes something nothing else can. 



4.What are some of the other lyrical topics and subjects you have explored so far with the music?

4. The lyrics aren't very complex and aren't really discernable in the music, mostly they're about satanic stuff, violence, alchohol, and fucking.


5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Sadomassacre'?

5. It's pretty self explanatory i think.


6.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?

6. I'm not really sure yet with this project. At the moment I'm more than happy doing everything myself, but who knows what will happen in the future. 


7.So far very little is  known about the musical project other than the bandcamp page, do you prefer to maintain a lower profile?

7. I didn't want to fuck around with social media and shit with this project, it's supposed to be old school, the magic would be taken away if i was posting stuff on instagram or whatever. I always think it's funny when bands try and present themselves as being esoteric and elitist then have pages on every social media, have all their music on all the streaming services, ETC. Nothing wrong with doing that in itself but it feels like a non sequitur to me.


8.Currentlyyou are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?

8. I've been sending it to some small labels, but this project is for the underground, I definitely do not want involvment of any major labels (not that i'm delusional enough to think fucking nuclear blast or some shit would have the remotest interest in this lo-fi messy shit though haha)


9.Do you have any experience working with other bands or musical projects?

9. Yes, I've always been releasing music since I was about 15. I've made a lot of music by myself and I've been in a couple of bands. I'm the drummer in a sludge metal band called Bullhead, and in the past i've had a couple of solo projects making black metal and ambient music. 


10.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?

10. I have no idea. Probably never to be honest. Right now I just want to make demo tapes and hopefully release a split or two with some like minded bands. It's just suppoed to be DIY noise. nothing as polished as a full length album is planned any time soon. 


11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

11. For Sadomassacre in particular, it's mostly influenced by Bathory, Abigail, Barbatos, Sarcofago, Blasphemy, early Sigh, and punk like GG Allin and Bad Brains. Lately i've been listening to those bands i just listed, as well as tons more 90s black metal, and a couple of newer bands with an old school style. I do listen to a lot of styles of music but the last few months I've been completely possessed by metal and had no time for anything else. 


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

12. Cheers for the questions! Keep the flame of underground metal burning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment