Thursday, May 9, 2024

Tårfödd Interview

 

 1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?


Well, it started on an acoustic guitar in the sofa :) I made a chord progression and thought, "that might sound really nice with some distortion and screams on it". Something like that 😁


2.So far you have released 2 albums, musically how do they both differ from each other?


That's complicated because the first album isn't out there anymore, I have made like 40-50 songs the last 2 years or so, really, and since I'm very new too making BM music (2 years ago when I started this I had never growled before for example) and I thought that the sound was totally fine so I released an album on BC and Soundcloud. But some of those songs where made in the beginning and my vocals have improved dramatically over this period of time and its only in the last couple of months I have become somewhat good at the mixing/mastering aspect, first i recorded the drums on a electric drum kit but 3-4 months back I found a drum program that increased the quality of the music big time, it sounded tighter and better! So I started to re-record songs, with new drums, new vocals etc....so I took the impulsive decision to remove "Save the world by dying" from all platforms because I didn't think the sound was good enough, and so I recorded some new songs and re-recorded some songs from from that album, improved some parts etc and released "Mörker" instead. So in a way "Mörker" is the first and only album 😅


3.The project started in 2015 but you waited until 2023 to release any music, can you tell us a little bit more about the earlier years?


Well, maybe I should change that......I would say that Tårfödd as we know it today started maybe 2-3 years ago, BUT I thought that since I have been writing and recording way longer then that, and i use some riffs that I made back in for example 2015 in this projekt I should type a earlier year on metal archives under "starting year", but I might just change that because its confusing 😅


4.So far this year you have released 2 albums in 3 months, do you have any plans to release more albums in 2024/


Maybe....I have recorded 5/8 songs actually but I'm in a weird spot because most if these songs are songs that where originally made before songs on "Mörker" and therefore sounds "older" in the sound if you know what i mean, because i have evolved with time. Its like I started in reverse, the songs on mörker is more current and up to date then the second album would be because I made those songs more recently. And ofcourse I want too make a even better record this time, which is hard because mörker is soo strong ;)

But then again, the second album might appeal even more too some people, its more raw, more aggressive then Mörker. 


5.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band has explored so far with the music?


Mörker is mainly about human kinds destructive path, and about anxiety, fear, hate etc. The songs on second album (if it indeed will be the second album) is similar themes but even more about anti-religion.


6.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Tårfödd '?


I wanted too call the project Tearborn, but that was taken by a British artist. So i thought, why not use that but in Swedish.. its actually not even a word in the Swedish dictionary but its still understandable what it means. I would translate it too born in tears.


7.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?


Not much thought behind it to be honest. I just found a picture and font text on google and made something out of that. Hope I don't get in some copywrite dispute 😬😅  


6.Currently there are only 2 members in the band, are you open to expanding the line up or do you prefer to remain a duo?


I would like to continue doing the music myself, I have tried working with people but I suck at it. Maybe I'm too narcissistic or something, kidding, but I like songs in a certain way and when you involve others with there input and ideas the whole thing changes, Tårfödd would become something else. I am also a very very shy person and therefore hate people, no I'm kidding, but I don't mind "being alone" in this 😁 

But that being said, i would love to have a live band some day and play the songs live!


7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?


I am, and yes i have but....we'll see.


8.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal? 


Actually really really good, not a single bad comment. I'm really surprised on how well its been received! I have never believed in myself, which is probably why i never released anything until now at 40 years old, but lately thanks too friends and family support i have started believing in myself somewhat and thinking  "maybe I'm doing some good music after all" 😁 A big thanks and much love too my GF and singer in Tårfödd for her support and "pepp talk" 🙏 


9.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?


We will see, but I will always do music that I like myself and hopefully more people do as well! 🤘


10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?


Well, I have been a dream theater geek for years so they have probably influenced me. For example I hate too do vers 1 and vers 2 exactly the same, even though it happens sometimes of course, I very often change some detail from vers 1 and 2, it could be the drums or vocals or ill add a second guitar or whatever, but usually vers 2 will differ from vers 1 in some way. And i sometimes can have 2 verses after each other, with some musical part in between and then 2 ref in a row and so on.....those things probably comes from listening to bands like DT, opeth, porcupine tree etc. In the BM style of music a big influence is Afsky, love everything Ole does!


11.What are some of your non musical interests?


haha, don't have any 😅 No, i like too play poker, be with my gf, watch breaking bad on tv :) Drink bear, just usual stuff :) But yeah music is almost exclusively what i do.....


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?


No, just take care out there and thanks for the support! 🙏🤘



https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61552521203774

https://trfdd.bandcamp.com/album/m-rker

https://soundcloud.com/user-334450061

https://open.spotify.com/artist/02IWK0YVu26yyYEi7QFdhL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0eBTNjWWUMyDcpRzhRHmg




No comments:

Post a Comment