Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Xeper Interview

 

1. Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band since the recording of the new album? 


Hi, sure. Not that much honestly because as you can see the world is under pandemic... But I’m going to start writing a new album soon.


2. In February you have released a new album, musically how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past? 


It differs in the music writing. In the past, I was writing music very quickly because I was looking forward to write new material constantly. Then I’ve changed my mind. This new album is the result of 5 years of work. I wanted be more focused on the details to be sure to write a good album, at least for myself. And after 5 years I am still listening to the songs, so I’ve hit my personal goal.


3. This is also your first release since 2014, can you tell us a little bit more about what has been going on during that time frame? 


I was writing new material, touring around the world with Gorgoroth and living my private life as all of us do.


4. Your lyrics also show a diverse interest in satanic, occult and left hand path topics and the bands name also comes from the Egyptian path, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in the dark arts and also how has your views in this realm have evolved over the years? 


I think that is a very personal question, and we all have to find our own answers to the questions about humankind and life/death. But yes, as you say, we are interested in these topics. We don’t want to become theologians, we don’t write books. There are already persons who do that. We write music. I can just say that people should read and learn about religion before taking a way in his or her life. And we did our choice.



5. Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover? 


It’s the depiction of the moment when humans took possession of knowledge and received the fire from our God Satan, according to the Bible and the Sumerian tablets. Marcelo Vasco had the artistic sensitivity to graphically enhance this concept.


6. Originally the band was from Italy but has re-located to Norway over the years, can you tell us a little bit more about the move? 


I just moved to Norway to be closer to my friends. It’s a wonderful country and you can fall in love with Norway easily. Plus comparing to Italy, it’s easier to find a job and jobs are well paid. That was the reason back in 2014.


7. What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance? 


Well, we did few shows honestly because the line up has changed during the years. I can say I have great memories of our first shows in small venues. I can still remember the venue’s owners faces when we brought blood, pig heads and fire on stage. Nothing new as you can imagine, but it’s not even common doing that. We hand-crafted all the stage scenography by ourselves, from the metallic torches to the Set-shaped main microphone support. In Italy, it is not allowed to sell blood at the supermarket, still we managed to obtain it for the shows.

Performing live is very instinctive to us. We light the torches, pour the blood on our faces and just let the music flow and burn inside our veins. People can perceive this live.



8. The new album is going to be released on 'Soulseller Records', how would you compare working with this label to other labels that you have been a part of in the past? 


This is our first time and the album has not been released yet, so I cannot say anything about at the moment. We can just say that Jorn is a a very enthusiastic and dedicated man, and that we are looking forward to work with him.


9. On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal? 


The only thing we can say is that we received very good feedbacks from allover the world. We worked with labels from Brazil, Mexico, Indonesia, France and now Soulseller, so our name have been spread a bit here and there.


10. Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future? 


Of course into black metal. We don’t want to release one album per month, but we are going to create music till the end.


11. What are you currently listening to nowadays? 


Honestly? The same music I’ve been listening to since I was a teenager. I can mention some bands like DarkThrone, Mayhem, Bathory, Burzum, Gehenna, early Marduk etc… all black metal bands which influenced my musical taste. Then I can tell you I listen to all kind of music. If it sounds good and gives me emotions, I listen to it.


12. Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?


I would like to thank you for your time and interest in us. We hope you’ll like our album. If not, please just give it to someone you know who can like it.



No comments:

Post a Comment