Saturday, January 28, 2023

Ieschure Interview

 


1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the solo project these days?

This year I released my new EP "The Mystic Fields" and plan to release my new single "Evil Spirit". At the same time, I am working on the final stages of my full length : vocal mix and mastering.


2.In May you had released a split, musically how do you feel it differs from the stuff you have released in the past?

It is hard to say something concrete because all my releases differ from each other. I worked on a few releases at the same time. So, for example, tracks from "Among The Swamps And Darkness" are much different from the tracks from "The Mystic Fields", in which I used a lot of clean vocals. The split tracks are more in classical Black Metal style into my mind, maybe more close to "The Shadow". "The Mystic Fields" contains more experimental moments, as like "Cold Stars Of Eternity". My full length album will be more close to "Phantoms Of God" in sound and atmosphere.


3.A lot of your lyrics cover Occultism and Witchcraft themes, can you tell us a little bit more about how your interest in these paths have evolved over the years?

Maybe, the main thing that I understood for myself is that you must have your own brains in everything especially in occult themes, and also that there is no right " teacher" in the world who can open you the "great" truth or give you some recipe of life. What is helpful and works for others can be useless or harmful for you personally. All is very individual. The spiritual path of every individuality must be kept in silence, because it is very intimate level of relationships with whole Universe and forces in it.


4.You also have mentioned being inspired by Crowley, Levi, and Gurdjieff, do you have any interest in any lesser known occultists?

In previous interviews, I said about names who influenced my views very much. And of course, not all their ideas are accepted by me. I prefer to follow my own observations from life and world. It is main for me. I can not say that other occultists influenced me in the same way. I read various books about magic and at the same time I use internet to get a lot of information. Maybe it would be good to mention here the Ukrainian publishing company founded by Ingvar Bombushkar, that released nice occult books and gathered many occultists from CIS countries, who are not well known in the rest of the world.


5.The last full length was in 2017 and during the last few years you have been doing mostly split's and ep,s, do you plan on releasing another full length again in the future?

Yes, I plan. I work on this and I hope that in spite of the war in my country I will finish my second full length album.


6.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the split album cover?

The design of the release was made by Sergiy from "Moloch". As I know the cover art picture is an old gravure created by French artist Théophile Schuler in 19 century.



7.You have worked with a lot of different labels over the years on the physical versions of your albums, can you tell us a little bit more about the labels you have worked with so far?

Yes, I worked with many labels. Each cooperation was different and similar at the same time. Each label is a part of the road of Ieschure. I can not say that some of them are better or worse. Each of them made good contribution in support of my project and I am thankful to each label who worked with me.



8.In the last couple of years you also have been a part of splits with 'Promethean Gate' and 'Moloch', what are your thoughts on the other bands or projects that had participated on those recordings?

It is good bands with good music, that is why Ieschure made the split albums with them. Promethean Gate, as you know, has occult themes in their music. Moloch is more about negativism, nature. Each of the band has its own atmosphere, and each of them has some coincidences with atmosphere of Ieschure. Also Sergiy from Moloch is an old friend of mine.


9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?

I am focused more on my music and feeling if I personally like it or not, but as far as I know in general attitude was positive.



10.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?

It is hard to say. I create music when I have inspiration and energy for this . I have no special plan for it. I get more pleasure from process of creating music and I am going just do it as far as I have efforts and opportunities for this.



11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that you are currently listening to nowadays?

Nowadays, when my attitude to life changed much, I like more being in silence and feel my own emotions and thoughts clearly, without outer influence. But sometimes I like to listen to old Black Metal albums and classical music.



12.before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Keep going your own path in spite of anything that happens in this world.


Facebook
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment