Friday, September 2, 2022

Cerberus Interview

 

1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the musical project since the recording of the new album?


Hi. First of all, thank you for the opportunity to be present with you for an interview. What happened after the recordings has done is primarily to take care of the doctorate. As a further I already have new song material for a another album in the works.

 

2.You have a new album coming out in October, musically how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?


First and foremost, this album differs from all others in that I composed and recorded it as a solo musician. It gave me a lot of freedom that I didn't have before. How has that affected my music? This is left to everyone to judge for themselves. From my side I can say that a lot of my emotions are in the individual songs are processed and for the first time in the history of the band I have a personal and 100 percent bond with the songs. A small innovation are the use of keyboard sounds in the songs and mine Singing technique has changed a bit.


3.This is also your first album in 16 years, can you tell us a little bit more about what has been going on during that time frame?


In the last 16 years many things have arisen and changed. For example, there were physical problems on the part of the former band members, one or the other change of musicians and you had to start over every time. Ultimately has the band broke up and I started to go my solo way. On this way I suffered a heart attack and a minor stroke which led to relearning and mastering my motor skills. Therefore, I am filled with pride that I was able to successfully complete this journey.

 

4.Some of your lyrics cover Satanism and you call yourself 'Beleth'  a king of hell from Demonology, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in the dark arts?


Basically, the album's lyrics have a few things in them from real life and a fantasy. Since I'm within the Band i always been Beleth, so of course I kept using the name. My heart attack was the basis of the album, because it's like going to hell and coming back. The path I had to walk was filled with depression and all that I transformed in my music. Likewise the desire to resurrect Cerberus as my kingdom and the belief in my ability to do this is reflected in the album. Of course I converted all this and one create history out of it. On our earth, existence consists of 2 worlds. On the one hand the good and bright world, but on the other

the dark side also exists in equal proportion. The fascination for black metal and the dark side of life accompanies me since my youth and therefore for many years. Be it stories from the Necronomicon or the pure satanism as such. Therefore, I think it would be only too fitting to process this in my texts and it is suitable works wonderfully as the basis of black metal.

 

5.What are some of the other lyrical topics and subjects you have explored over the years with your music?


Actually, it's mostly about the dark side of existence and total destruction. In a few texts will be Emotions such as depression or hatred processed. despair, silence and darkness. certainly play with it always demons or spirits play a role again.

 

6.I know that the band name comes from Greek Mythology, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in this topic?


When I was looking for a band name, I came across Greek mythology. The same has many dark sides got me excited. Especially the hell hound was an interesting creature for me who used his 3 heads as a guardian the world of the dead holds. His job is to not let the living in and the dead out. This connection was for overwhelming me and sparked my interest in Greek mythology. There are many exciting stories in this mythology, most of which have already been filmed. These films are also personal to me Interesting.


7.With this album you recorded everything by yourself but you have had a full line up in the past, are you open to working with other musicians again or do you prefer to work solo?


Under certain conditions I would also be willing to continue the band with other members. However

the prerequisites for this are not easy to achieve. So I don't think about it any further and stay up

the ground of reality. What I really miss are the concerts and the feeling of receiving energy from the audience.

 

8.With the live line up what where some of the best shows that the band has played and also how would you describe your stage performance?


Every concert was a special experience. A few of the negative kind and a few of the positive kind. I was allowed to have many others getting to know bands, musicians and fans, for which I am very grateful in retrospect. The feeling on stage was every time sublime As soon as the first sounds of the instruments came out of the speakers, you felt like a kind of god. One had it in hand what happens in the next moment. It was like flying over the audience and being close to it at the same time.


9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?


That's a good question. There has been a lot of feedback about our music in the past. Times here times there there was fan contact via email or other means, whereby I always tried to answer these letters. At concerts we often had fan contact because we were a band that always mixed with the audience. There was one or the other fan tattoo but also people who reacted negatively to our music or to ourselves. I'm always amazed where you happen to be encounters discussions or reviews about Cerberus on the Internet. I never followed it closely. But since I this time a deep

feel an emotional connection to the current album, I notice that my interest in the reactions has grown a lot and I I'll follow it more closely this time to see how the reactions turn out.

 

10.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?


Music is an art and art comes as it comes. I have no goals to aim for. what i do want and will is to continue pursuing my music. I leave everything else to the course of events.


11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that you are currently listening to nowadays?

 

At the moment I don't listen to so much music because I don't want to be influenced too much in my musical freedom. When I listen to music, which I might do when I go for a walk, it's mostly bands and albums that I'm into heard from my youth. They are black metal albums from the 90s.

 

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?


I just want to say at this point that the underground is full of good bands and small labels. Unfortunately it behaves itself so that man is a creature of habit and falls back on the tried and true old bands, so you really miss out

good music and the bands don't get the attention they deserve. The one piece of advice I give every now and then listen to unknown bands. They try just as hard as everyone else and deserve support.

These bands form the scene of tomorrow. As a final word, thanks to Schwarzdorn Production for the support and belief in my abilities as well as the possibility of making a new album in the history of Cerberus and all magazines and radios for your support!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlackMetalCerberus

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cerberus_blackmetal/

No comments:

Post a Comment