Monday, September 5, 2022

Devouring Famine Interview

 

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the solo project?

Devovouring famine arises from a passion for black metal, especially for raw, but without losing musicality, I think that is what differentiates it from other raw black metal projects, trying not to be a copy, just taking inspiration and interpreting from black metal


2.So far you have released 2 demo's, musically how do they both differ from each other?

The first demo is more straight towards action and fast for the second demo I wanted to start it in another way and use ideas that were left out of the first one but basically they form a single identity


3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have explored so far with the music?

Occultism from different cultures but have similarities


4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Devouring Famine'?


There is not much secret I am a fan of DSO I always call the attention the name of a song that is precisely Devouring famine


5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork in the logo?

I always liked abstract forms that can be interpreted differently in each mind, that's why I chose that type of logos where it is left to interpretation that is


6.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?

I prefer to work alone I may be interested in some participation but I consider it better to do everything myself


7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?

You are always looking for someone to edit your material, but the deals with the labels don't convince me. I never understood why musicians accept such low deals. I hope at some point I can work with a serious label


8.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?

Surprisingly, a good reception considering that I don't have the means to spread my work, except social networks, you know, it's not the same as a respected label promoting it, so yes, surprised by the good reception.


9.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?

First I want to release several demos to see what people like about this project and what they don't and from then on build what the album would be in the future I hope to continue doing this


10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?


DSO,Emperor,Blutausnord,Ashborer,Awe,Lampofmurmuur to name a few in general black metal avantgarde and progressive rock is what I listen to


11.Does Satanism or Occultism play any role in your music?

I believe that Does Satanism, Occultism and the general line religions influence art since its inception both to adore beliefs and to destroy them as well as morality faith always dominated in the inspiration of art it is not foreign in the case of Devouring Famine


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?


Just say thank you so much to the people who are interested in my project and help me and thank you also for giving me this opportunity

No comments:

Post a Comment