Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Triumph Interview

 

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

1. Triumph is a one man band based out of Reno, NV that fuses a mixture of black, war, & death metal together. I create music because it is a huge part of who I am, it lives deep inside of me. It is normal for me, just like breathing air. It’s hard to picture my life without it. It’s a release of aggression from every day life for me and a creative outlet for what goes on in my head, it is a very personal thing and not intended for the masses but more for die hard extreme metal heads who are into harsh, violent music. I play music to stay sane & not go off the deep end so to speak. Of course I truly appreciate all the positive feedback I receive about the band and if you are into the music or it inspires you, that’s great. But It is certainly not my intention to be a rockstar by any means. Far too many people have that attitude in my opinion. I prefer to remain underground and cult. 


2.Recently you have released your first full length, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style that you went for on the recording?


2. The musical direction I took on the first album was definitely leaning towards a more aggressive and brutal approach with a small amount of traditional black metal incorporated into it. My aim is to make the music as chaotic and intense as possible. 


3.The album had all of the songs of the demo but not not include the single you had released prior to the full length, can you tell us a little bit more about the decision behind not including the single?

3. The single I released was for promotional use only. I was simply trying to get the band name out there so more people are aware of it since I do not have a social media page and do not plan on making one. A re-recorded version of this song will be included on the second full length album which is currently in the works. I have also upgraded my recording equipment since then. I’m constantly striving to achieve the best sound possible for all of the instruments


4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with the new album?

4. The lyrical themes include elitism, pride, victory, honor, will power, war, annihilation, hatred, disgust for humanity, and supremacy.


5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Triumph'?

5. I chose the name Triumph because it was the most fitting name musically and lyrically. I also noticed that there has never been another established extreme metal band with that name so I wanted to be the first to claim it, as it is a very powerful word to me. 


6.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?

6. I wanted to keep the artwork Cult, simple, and strait to the point. It represents the conquering of ones self & the annihilation of weakness. The artwork was done by War-Korps and he really nailed it and brought the concept I gave him to life. He also did all the artwork for my previous band Ritual Genocide. 


7.With this project you record everything by yourself but also have plenty of experience playing in bands, how would you compare the two and what are some of the things you bring into your solo project that yuo where not able to do with current or previous bands?

7. Recording by yourself instead of with a band is definitely a lot more work, but also has a lot of really great benefits to it as well. Before in my previous bands, we had to drive 3 hours to California to record with our previous audio engineer Josh Williams. We had 2 days to get all the instruments/vocals tracked, then had to return to Reno and could not make any further changes to the recording after that. When you record by yourself, you have a lot more freedom to take your time with it and can go back and make further changes anytime you like, which is nice. 


8.The new album was released by 'Inhuman Assault Productions', can you tell us a little bit more about this label?

8. Inhuman Assault Productions is a very solid label. I have been in contact with the owner Patiwat Jackson for many years now and he has done quite a few releases for several bands I’ve been in, including Ritual Genocide & Ancient Malignity. It is a very hard working label who actually promotes the music and makes sure that the bands are well taken care of as well. I don’t know how much more you could expect from a label. They are a class act. I am honored to have them as my label. 


9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of war, black and death metal?

9. I have received a lot of feedback and support from many people all over the world already regarding the album. It seems to have a big following in the Philippines, Asia, & the US & Canada. Hoping it spreads like the plague after the album is officially released. Any and all support is much appreciated. 


10.What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that you are a part of these days?

10. Currently the only other project I am involved in besides Triumph is Ancient Malignity, which I do bass and backing vocals in. Ritual Genocide is on the back burner as for now. Since shows are not happening currently because of the pandemic, we have just been focused on writing for the next AM full length which is about halfway done. I also just finished tracking all the instruments for the second Triumph full length and am currently writing the lyrics. I plan to get a live lineup going for Triumph eventually as well, already have a few candidates in mind.


11.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?

 

11. I plan to keep releasing violent music and destroying the boundaries of extreme metal. Really the objective is just to push it and get the music out there as much as possible and hopefully get to tour/ play festivals some day. 


12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

12. I was mainly influenced by bands such as Revenge, Conqueror, Axis of Advance, Diocletian, Death Worship, Ouroboros, Rites of thy Degringolade etc... I am always looking for extreme bands that bring forth something new and exciting to the table and stand out amongst the vast majority. Being truly unique is a rare gem nowadays but there are still bands popping up all the time that are crushing boundaries of what’s been done before. If you look deep enough, you will seek out these bands. Some other honorable mentions of my musical taste would be Proclamation, Black Witchery, Angelcorpse, Kerasphorus, Order From Chaos, Sxuperion, Wargrinder, Phosphore Blanc, Blasphemy, Sadistik Execution, Bestial Warlust, Archgoat, Sarcofago, Zygoatsis, Heresiarch, Sect Pig, Abysmal Lord, Caveman Cult, Truppensturm, Teitanblood, Antichrist, Blood Division, Goatpenis, Perdition Temple, Nocturnal Blood, Lihhamon, Konflict & many more. 


13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?  

13. Thank you for the interview. I will close by saying always stay true to yourself and listen to your inner voice. The world is a cruel, unforgiving place and it will lead you to oblivion if you are not prepared for it. Your mind is your most powerful weapon. Hail victory, keep metal harsh & violent.



https://triumph2.bandcamp.com/track/sigil-conflagration

No comments:

Post a Comment