Sunday, October 15, 2017

Atramentum Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

Atramentum has been my musical project for the past 6 years, it is the culmination of my investment in both Satanism and Black Metal, a vehicle for me to commit ritual into sonic form as well as a musical expression.

2.Recently you have released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?

The sound presented on the album is Black Metal, I guess you can call it Orthodox BM, however I think the tag is somewhat pointless Black Metal should be Satanic, not nature worship or angsty songs about struggling with humanity.

3.The musical project has been around since 2011 but you waited until 2017 to release an album, can you tell us a little bit more about the first 6 years?

The music for Aischrolatry was written in full by 2012, however due to personal reasons I wasn't able to record it then. I started writing other music that I feel surpasses the music in Aischrolatry and essentially forgot about the album. Ultimately I decided to release this album as it was a piece of ritual intent that was created, and its important on my journey of spiritual ascent/descent for it to take action upon the world.

4.The lyrics on the album deal with the Qliptoth, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in Satanism and the left hand path?

I have been a practicing Satanist for the past 12 years and it is my life's work and focus; mastery of self within this realm and the dissolution of this reality to create my own within the powers of Ain. My worship is eclectic and focuses on channelling the power of adversarial forces from different religions around the world based within a qliphotic framework. My art is inspired through the experiences from ritual and meditation with these dark gods.

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Atramentum'?

Atramentum as a band name dates back a long time, nearly 10years, I just never utilised it properly. It essentially means a dark substance but within the context of the band it describes the ‘black flame’ the adversarial spirit within that seeks to destroy Yaldaboath and return to the limitless.

6.On the albums you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with a full band or do you prefer to work solo?

Atramentum always has and always will be my vision, I have found a drummer for the next album to bring a greater extremity to the next work. Atramentum as a band is a sonic manifestation of my faith, as such the direction in all aspects will forever be my decision, I'm not opposed though to working with others as long as it fits my goals and those musicians are on a similar path as myself.

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?

The feedback thus far has been positive both from fans, press and labels.

8.Are you also involved with any other bands or musical projects?

Atramentum is currently my sole focus, I have been offered to work on other things however it has to be the right project, something equally dark, malevolent and Satanic.

9.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?

The album has had a lot of interest from a number of labels and I am currently looking for the best offer, it will likely be released towards the end of this year, start of next year in physical format. Ideally supported on both tape and cd and a small run of bespoke hand painted tapes from a small dedicated label within the UK.

10.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?

As mentioned before I have finished writing the music for the second album which I'm in the process of recording. The next effort promises to be darker, heavier and far more twisted than Aischrolatry.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

All music has an influence on me, sometimes in a way of appreciation, sometimes in the way that it cements the idea that I don't want to create music that is in anyway similar. Regarding those that influence my current musical style it would be bands like: Danzig, Samhain, Deathspell Omega, Ofermod, Aosoth , Aluk Todolo and Antaeus.

Bands that I'm currently listening to are the new Arkhon Infaustus, great to see a return after such a long absence. The VI album has been in heavy rotation since it was released, as close to a flawless album that I've heard in a long time. Heavily anticipating the new Aosoth and Shining album.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Thanks for the interview.

For those looking for an occult focused piece of black metal, https://Atramentum11.bandcamp.com

Follow us on FB for announcements of when the physical copies will be released.

Ad Majorem Satan Gloriam

F.G.R.X

Bandcamp
Facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment