1. Lifeless Gaze is emanation of pain and depression. For me it's some kind of emotional exorcism.
2.So far you have released 2 albums, musically how do they both differ from each other?
2. Both albums are gateways for emotions - yet the first record turned out more by itself naturally, in some way it was improvised. Me and M met together booked studio, came with some random ideas and started recording - after 2 days we had full album finished, it was very natural recording session. Half of second album was already prepared and rehearsed - we played 'We Are Born to Suffer' and 'Never-Ending Void' live. Due to that situation we already knew what to expect and where we were going with 'The Unbearable Darkness of Being'.
3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band has explored so far with the music?
3. Despair, suffering, depression, misery, emanation of pain in cage called flesh, no future, solitude, agony, torment, emptiness, suicide, death.
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Lifeless Gaze'?
4. I wanted to find a name that would say everything about this project and give listener a feeling of what to expect.
5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?
5. Front cover art - it's photo of one of us after a specific situation I will not talk about - but after taking this picture there came the idea to use it as cover for the second album. All the rest of the artwork is taken in a place close to one of us - the whole mood of this room was perfect for this album. All pictures were taken by AZ, who also prepared all sketches for our debut album.
6.Currently there are only 2 members in the band, are you open to expanding your line up or do you prefer to remain a duo?
6. We will remain duo, there's no need for more members. Lifeless Gaze is two-headed creature based on our two selves and our past and inner demons. Additional people would only weaken it. During live rituals M plays all guitars, I do percussion, vocals and all ambient stuff - it works perfectly
7. On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of dark ambient and depressive black metal?
7. We had some various good comments and messages from people around the world and also some negative feedback from people who don't understand that less is more.
8,What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that some of the band members are a part of?
8. Currently I'm finishing new double album with Whalesong, it will be entitled 'Radiance of a Thousand Suns'. Except that I'm working on new Lugola (my dark ambient/noise project) and Grave of Love (my neofolk band) albums. M is preparing to release his first full length album under Darkdrone moniker - it's guitar based drone/ambient thing. We're also both preparing to record together third album with Useless - depressive black metal act.
9.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
9. I think on third record we will go more into dark ambient and improvisational music. I have idea to record the album using various instruments and record it totally live.
10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10. M is huge black metal maniac and he is also very influenced by bands like Tribes of Neurot. I am huge maniac of psychedelic rock, krautrock, various metal styles, industrial, noise, no wave, minimal, ambient, jazz and many many more.
11.What are some of your non musical interests?
11. Definitely Cinema, especially old exploitation, giallo and good old hammer horrors - but you can already know it if you have seen our videos for Lifeless Gaze compositions. Except that books, philosophy, psychology, travelling, monoliths, sound.
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12. There is no future.