Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Blurr Thrower Interview

 1.For those who have never heard of you before, can you tell us about the musical project?
The basic idea is to illustrate as best as possible the universe that I have in mind since childhood. Whether it's a game of textures, colors and scents, Blurr Thrower aims to illustrate a diegesis that inhabits me. Roughly it can be summed up in two opposing concepts of darkness and light, personified by the Void and Blur in the project. There is therefore a work process that exploits many emotions in terms of both composition and expression. Initially I did not know if I wanted to release a book, a movie or a record. I do not know if I managed with the Avatars of the Void but insofar as I have the feeling to have been as far as possible in the process, alone, I am proud of the result.
The Void Avatars are a focus on my own vision of the dark. Cold, spectral and abrasive. A drowning in a chilling ether, slowly, punctuated by a few rays of light in places. I try to propose a trip rather than to make music. I hope to make it happen


2.So far you have released an ep, can you tell us a little bit about the musical style?
The idea was to propose music that is both cutting-edge and ethereal, while being a bit ambitious in its progression. It's a personal vision of the Raw Black in reality. Very accentuated in the spectrum and without compression, very visceral, in the manner of a Paramnesia or a Burzum in reality. It was hell to produce, because I am as attached to the sound as resultant than in symbolic, to record certain parts or taken in particular places, with instruments that are important to me etc ...


3.Your lyrics cover a good amount of occult topics, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in occultism?
I think that the texts of the Void Avatars are closer to misanthropic, nihilistic themes, in a form of lyricism than occultism, simply used by metaphor, in order to transcribe the color, the feeling, the threat. I write a lot about my vision of occultism personally, without having the will to post it directly. I have the preference to make the work occult by the atmospheres and sonorities games than by the text, because that is how I live it.
The writing under drugs can lead to very powerful and striking forms of trance in which, sometimes, one palmizes miserably. It is then easy to name feelings or emotions using religious jargon, metaphor or faith. Mysticism is essential with the intensity that I try to write. They go hand in hand and I am very attached to music, the arts or life in general. I was consumed by the style above all for this dimension that appeared to me in full face thanks to NEHEMAH or MUTIILATION. It was visceral and radical. These are my cultural backgrounds, just as many authors are equally important.
We try to live with the Void, the anxiety and the ether, sometimes we completely fall, alternating these phases with Blur, Light and heat. This alchemical opposition was born BLURR THROWER, one night, surrounded by empty bottles, full ashtrays, pages full of smoky theories, lame poems and misspellings. From there, I saw things that completely skewed a form of rationality, without ever really recovering.


4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Blurr Thrower'?
The name is related to the concepts of the project, I interpret BLURR THROWER as the initiator of a movement in a form of violence. It is thuriferous oxygen in an unbreathable environment. It's a very bright name for me. A mentor, a psychiatrist, a razor blade or a trace of C ... This is the silhouette of the end of a labyrinth, in which one finally rushes without having any idea what is behind it.

Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the cover?
The Artwork, made by Came Roy de Rat after having made the feat of understanding the vast majority of the project with very little material and time, represents a number of key symbols attached to the project, more or less obvious. For me this artwork is perfect: it smells of ink, sulfur, dust and remnants of medicine, which perfectly matches the Avatars of the Void.
I think the sequel will have a radically different graphic style, we'll see.

6.On the heart of the world, do you prefer to work solo?
Writing has been a very powerful experience, mainly because I have tried to dig to an absolute, in a quasi-religious way in the mud, the anxieties and the abyss which can be me, including myself among the targets of choice of a certain nihilism, despite the certain presence of light in places. I try to conceptualize this by the notion of the Void and the Blur. It has always animated me and has been accentuated throughout the design process. The avatars of the void is therefore the result of a long introspection, physical and impacting, which put me and others in the background and in which it is difficult for me to go out today. After that, I do not pretend to think that it all works and is not boring or even coherent. I just communicated in the best possible way and was as far as I could humanly to this conquest of the Void. In this I am satisfied with the result.
In this it was essential that I do everything alone, and it is difficult for me to consider sharing this with other people, even if they can be infinitely more talented than me in their fields.


7.The physical version of the ep is released by 'The Actors of the Chamber Productions', Are you happy with the support that they have given you so far?
Extremely satisfied. For a One-man-band coming out of nowhere, it's a great chance to have LADLO behind you. Beyond the rewarding side of being among this roster, LADLO accompanies its groups to bring them to the end of their project, giving them the necessary means and moral support, which we may need.

8.On a global level how do you feel about your music by fans of atmospheric black metal?
I feel that the returns are generally positive, which continues to surprise me to the extent that, despite everything, BLURR THROWER evolves in a music that remains the niche of a sub-genre. The concept is imbitable, the sound is Raw, sailing on sight between a very traditional Black Metal while boasting to make the Cascadian ...
So it's very easy to lose the listener on an easily saturated stage, especially today. The returns are very rewarding and warm to the heart.

9.Where do you see yourself heading into a musician in the future?
No idea, I write and write on instinct and I can absolutely not say anything, except that I work hard on a sequel to the Avatars of the Void.

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and what are you listening to nowadays?
I am divided between my deep and first love between the subversive, negative and ethereal Black Metal of the past, especially the French wave of the 90s and 00s, with the current atmospheric Black Metal which manages to synthesize the style more than at a when everything was allowed. BLURR THROWER is a mix between a NEHEMAH and an ASH BORER in my opinion.
My listening at this time are: DIAPSIQUIR, ACATHEXIS, BLACK CILICE, FOALS and the last ROBB BANKS. I am waiting very, very, very impatiently for the HEALTH MORTAL in March. Just the different tracks that we could listen, I'm sure to break this album to the bone, right out.
11.What are some of your non musical interests?
Everything about the Arts is automatically channeled and digested for BLURR THROWER, so I never really get away from the project. It starts with all that is attracted to the writing, the image, the tattoo or the movies ... At this moment I read a lot of Jean-Pierre Martinet and Colette. I would like to immerse myself in the works of Françoise Héritier as soon as I have 5 minutes.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Thank you for the interview and the chronicle.

Bandcamp
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment