Thursday, January 28, 2016

Akoman Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
1.            At the moment, our priority is the third full-length album. We have almost finished writing songs. This album will definitely be the most dark and grimly of all that we have ever recorded, and reminds of De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas and Mysterion Tes Anomias. We spent a lot of time to write songs using only the best reefs, and I am sure that this album will be the best. The lyrics devoted to the Luciferian triad Samael - Lilith - Cain and their reflection of my self-universe. That's what I always say - the study of himself in terms of the Left Hand Path. I am not interested in primitive blasphemy or anti-christianity, I wonder to self-iniciation path. So the lyrics are very personal, it shows own experience.

    2.How would you describe the musical sound of the newer music and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
2.            We have gained more sound recording experience, etc. As for the sound, I was always interested doing something new and never repeated, because I hate when records sound the same. I like what we're doing, more bloodthirsty and predatory.

    3.In the beginning the lyrics where heavily influenced by Michael W. Ford, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in this author?
3.            Michael W. Ford interested me when I first encountered work dedicated to the Persian Ahriman. It was around 2009. His view of the western esoteric tradition seemed very exotic. One of his works «Luciferian Witchcraft» had a great impression on me, especially at a time when we were writting debut album, now it is one of my favorite authors. I like how it reveals Luciferian aspects from different perspectives, both theistic and atheistic, using psychological and magical approach.

    4.I also know that you have an interest In Thelema, Kabalah, Eastern and African cults as well vampires, witches, and werewolves, can you tell us how you got interest in the Occult and also how has your interest has evolved over the years?
4.            Satanism to interest me in the early 00-ies. Later, interest to occult orders such as the Order of the Golden Dawn, Ordo Templi Orientis, Dragon Rouge, etc. So I got acquainted with works by authors such as Aleister Crowley, Kenneth Grant, Thomas Karlsson, elements of Kabbalah and plunged into a serious study of the Tarot, meditation for arcana and observe their manifestation in the spiritual and material terms. When I began to study the works by Michael W. Ford, it was around 2009, his research into ancient cults inspired me to explore exotic magical practices such as the African religions Palo, Voodoo and Santeria, Persian, witchcraft Yatuk Dinoih, Egyptian Seth and of course Luciferianism. Austin Osman Spare, he is very charismatic and talented and went against the traditions and developed its own system of Zos Kia Cultus, sigils and fundaments for Chaos Magic, very difficult for an unprepared reader. Now I still interested in tarot and Luciferianism.

    5.Originally the band was known as 'Funeral', what was the cause of the name change?
5.            The main reason for the name change was my desire to reflect self-development. Akoman is very well suited to what I want to convey by music, the key word is "mind". Also was important the original name. Funeral was underground band consisting of adolescents, while Akoman reveals the serious themes, so the name change was inevitable.

    6.What are some of the best shows that the band has the band play so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
6.  It is very controversial. At concerts, we tried to create ritualistic atmosphere, but the public is often not ready for such a show. People come to concerts to relax, have a beer, etc. and I do not like it. My favorite performance is show in the beginning of 2013, when we controlled everything and the people were focused on what we were doing. We decorated the concert hall dry branches and roots brought from the forest, were also candles and candlesticks, we wanted to bring the coffins, but we were not able to deliver them. Of course there were corpse paint and other attributes of Black Metal. Now I am not interested to shows, but perhaps in the future we will perform at some private events, without casual visitors.

    7.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
7.  At the moment, we are focused on studio work.

    8.Recently you where a part of a split with 'Сказ', what are your thoughts on the other band that have participated on the recording?
8. They are my friends and one of the band members is now Akoman member also. We communicate and support each other, and this split was friendly. Their music is different from what I do, but with this album we show respect for each other.

    9.You also did a 'Black Funeral' cover, what was the decision behind doing your version of one of their songs?
 9. The main reason is feel a spiritual connection and inspiration from their music. I think this is one of the bands that made the greatest impression on me and I wanted to express my respect and esteem.

    10.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
10. I did not get negative reviews. But I think the main reason why our music has not become popular among the many of fans of Black Metal is its dark and predatory spirit in music, but that is our nature.

    11.Are any of the band members involved with any other bands or musical projects these days?
11. Our drummer (DLL) is a member of Through, Ancient Funeral Cult and Сказ. I prefer only Akoman.

    12.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
12. I'm interested to the ritual elements of industrial and ambient. I think that such experiments would make our music more hypnotic and the atmosphere even darker.

    13.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
13. Next album was influenced Mayhem «De Mysteriis Dom Satanas», Ofermod, Ondskapt and Malign, "orthodox" reefs style etc. As for my musical preferences, they are very diverse, but mostly is industrial, electronic and ritual music, rock music of the 70's, black / death metal, etc.

    14.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
14. Black Metal is only a form, look deeper and try to find the source from which comes the music. Thanks for the interview!

Bandcamp
Facebook
Myspace
Official Site
VKontakte

No comments:

Post a Comment