Sunday, January 3, 2016

Vrag Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
Vrag has been always in me, the idea of the project was born more than 15 years ago, but I waited until 2010 that the first songs to embody. Today I think it was a good choice, earlier I would surely released things, whereon - I’m afraid - I no longer would be too proud. My aim was already in the beginning, to write songs all alone, I did not want nobody around me, for several years I played in bands, fed up with it, and still today I do not feel to play music with other people, maximum as assistant. From the music so much, my greatest influence was always Burzum, I think with it everything is said. Vikernes is still one of the exemplar, not only in music, but also in ideology!

2.You have released a good amount of material during the first 4 years, do you feel you have put a great amount of time and effort into this musical project?
Recording of the first Vrag songs is prevented by several years of preparations, so I only had to record them. In the teeth of this there was not released too much, although the first 1-2 years was this project all about. Then came more important things into my life, and today my aim is not to release as many issues, rather what I give out of my hands, to have an impact on people, and it has to be some kind of value.
3.While there was a good amount of stuff being released between 10-14, there was nothing released in 2015, can you tell us a little bit more about it?
This is not entirely true, because in 2015 finally appeared in normal form the Vrag / Solus split cassette, that one which Darkness Shade Records has stiffed us. However, in the background, I was in studio in the entire year, continuously conducted recordings of the new album, say-so slowly, but at least it will be, as I wanted. If all goes well, in 2016 it will also appear, I only have to record the bass. The album will be titled ,,Remete”.

4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your music?
It is difficult to tell the inspiration in a few words, because there are plenty of things appearing in my lyrics, which I could not tell so easy. Feelings, anger, grief, hate, pain, disillusionment, the past, nature, paganism and even could I go on all day long. The first demos had nature-centered concept, but this is no longer true to the next disc.

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Vrag'?
I live in a small village, which is a very closed community, specifically because of the so-called vends (Slovenians wo live in Hungary), who not really saw before me scary figures in leather jacket with long hair, so in their own language behind my back called me "vrag". This means in the local dialect devil or evil. Therefore I am Vrag.

6.With this musical project you record everything by yourself but have worked with other musicians before in other bands or projects, do you feel this gives you more room to be creative with your musical style?
Yes, I was in bands for many years, but we did not gone anywhere, because always was some idiot, who pulled back the common notion. Only one of these was black metal, the others were different styles. The one-person work obviously gives much more room for creativity, and in most cases no one has a word, what am I doing and how, at most you just fighting with yourself. I can not imagine, that such an intimate and from such depth increased of music could create with someone else. More precisely, I can imagine, but so far I found only one person in this life, and with her I’ve done in another formation, because In Vrag there is no, and will not be place for anyone else!

7.You have been a part of many splits, can you tell us a little bit more about the groups that had participated on the recordings?

The first split came out with the English Orbis formation. Head of the Darkness Shade Records stands behind it, and if I am right, this is still an active project, which is pure ambient music. The following split came out with of the Hungarian Harag (Rage) "band". This is a one-person black metal project of the guitarist of Heldentod, and former guitarist of Gungnir, with much NS overtones. Unfortunately, not very active, but Zoli is an incredibly gifted songwriter. On the following Split next to Vrag appeared my another formation, WitcheR.  It was an interesting issue, because thereon were Hungarian military songs in our style. The realization I like not much today, but because of the stance and idealism may in the future there will be alike. The last split, whereon Vrag appeared, was released with the contribution of Solus "Awakening of the Witch Hungarian Woods” cassette, which has been published in 2013, but in worthy form only in 2015 came out through Neverheard Distro and Fekete Terror Productions. Solus is a very good friend of mine, D’s project, who unfortunately with this publication takes a point to the end of this story. It is worth to follow his work - according to my information he continues under the name of Hamvak (Ashes) - because he's a really talented songwriter.

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
If my attention is not attracted to the criticisms, I do not really read them, but a lot of people had look up - mostly by e-mail - and got me positive feedback. Most of the people liked, that so I create evil and melancholic mood in the music, while I use not the clichéd themes to it.
9.What is going on with your other musical projects these days?

Only WitcheR is currently active from my other musical projects. With this formation in 2015 appeared on the second album on CD and on cassette, plus merchandise products are made, but there are no further plans for the time. There is moreover an active musical project in the NS scene, the recording session is going on, soon may be ended, but other than currently only Vrag is active, and it seems, that life wants to keep it that way.

10.When can we expect new music and also where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
I'm not a musician, I'll never will be. The guitar and other musical instruments to me is a tool to express the thoughts live in me, but with it I have no goals or ambitious desires. I grown out that stand on stage and play music to people, to become a rock star, I leave to those who think that with this style can earn money and become celebrity, there are no long-term plans, either. If there born songs, I record them, if not, that was all. An LP material is ready anyway, it gave him the title ,,Remete” and in 2016 will be released, but what will happen in the future, it will decide the fate, as always.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

It would be impossible to list everything. Man goes insane when listening to just one style of music, so I love thousands of bands and formations, from heavy to death and through black metal and hardcore whatever may come, in which I find myself. I do not care if I do not pass into a style, I never wanted to belong to a subculture, to one style. Of course, always tagged along here or there, but then I always was left alone, and so it matches to me, I listen what I like what is some kind of metal or hardcore. To the music of Vrag the greatest influence is Burzum. I bow my head at any time before Varg Vikernes, he is impressed on me in every way!

12.Does Paganism or occultism play any role in your music?
Definitely not the occult, paganism is only tangentially. Rather affects me as a man, I live these things as a man, and they manifest indirectly in my songs, some places in my text.

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Arguments I leave the true faces, anyway, they always know anything better, so I can only thank you for your support and this interesting interview, and with it, allow me to wish you great success in the future in your work and in your magazine. Support the underground resistance!


Homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment