Monday, May 30, 2022

Vølus Interview

 

1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the solo project since the recording

of the new album?


A. Steadily working on Full Length #3 and working on my other band Psionic Madness's 2nd full length.



2.You have a new album coming out in June, musically how does it differ from the stuff you

have released in the past?


A. I feel like this new material is an evolution of my musical abilities. I couldn't be happier with the end result.


3.You also work with a variety of many other extreme metal genres with your other bands or

projects, do you feel this has made you a more well rounded musician?


A. Yes, I always loved Death Metal, Black Metal, Doom and Grind music.


4.On the new album you cover the Legacy Of Kain video games, can you tell us a little bit more

about your interest in video games?


A. The Legacy of Kain games were actually the first games I played as a kid and also Diablo 1 and 2. I have a huge interest in PC gaming particularly in Dark Fantasy/Horror. I play quite frequently during the week.


5.You also show some inspiration from the writings of H.P Lovecraft, what was it that drawn

you to his work?


A. The idea that too much knowledge is the death of humanity and sometimes ignorance is bliss. Also the grotesque aesthetics and atmosphere of his works, his mind is so demented and bizzare thats why I love it.


6.Other topics you cover include Occultism and Egyptian Esotericism, how long have you been

studying these paths?


A. I have been interested in the occult for 15 years give or take. 


7.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name Vølus?


A. Vølus, means eyes of truth. In the logo there are 3 eyes and is inspired by lovecraft and esoteric.


8. Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?


A. It means to be outcast, "Thrown to the Abyss"


9.With this project you record everything by yourself but have experience working with other

musicians, is this project more personal to you?


A. Yes it is my main focus and my longest running band (4 Years).


10.You also run Vargheist Records, what are some of the releases you have planned for later in

2022?


A. I have 3 bands not announced yet that I'm releasing music for. 


11.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your newer music by fans of black and

death metal?


A. Extremely positive and is constantly growing.


12.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?


A. I see myself growing and constantly improving my craft.


13.What are some of the bands or musical styles that you are listening to nowadays?


A. I listen to a lot of dissonant death metal and blackened death metal.


14.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?


A. Stay tuned for more Vargheist Records music at vargheistrecords.com


No comments:

Post a Comment