Sunday, February 28, 2021

Tattva Interview

 

1/ For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the solo project ?

Hails, first, thanks to give me interest and time about my project.For sure, Tattva is not born during the lockdown, it’s a project i have since 2012.I have written several songs, but because i was involved in other bands, i’ve let it on beside.I listened to extreme music since my 15 years old, and i’m now 40.When the lockdown and covid has taken place, a little voice whispered to me “ now, it’s time. Do it.”So Tattva is young but old, and i want to express in my music, rage, anger and wrath.With a singular starting point : what is the place of our soul in our life.


2/ So Far you’ve released an ep, split and full length, musically how do they differ form each other?

Oh, these 3 release are really different, sound aspect, and also the songs themselves.I find my first EP more “ raw “, more synthetic. It’s the like the first chapter of my book.Drum programming is not as worked, that it is in the split, or NIRJARA.The spirit is the same, i play with my guts, and even it’s a kind of progressive vision of black metal, Leave The Body Live The soul, is the first step for the soul trip.The split was a challenge for me. I was already finishing the songs for Nirjara.I’ve met Nick from Ashes Of  Old, and we have discussed a lot about our music, our material and others things. A really great one, and...we have decided to join our forces in this split.Pure Hate Ritual was for me the perfect opportunity, to improve and test my new drum program, and a approach really agressive of my music. More speed, more scorched.You can find more different elements inside. More blast, more dark guitars, and a hard research on lead guitars, a deep completion between them.And also, this split is a kind pf prequel to my EP. It’s talking about the men behind the soul, and how they can live, to reach or not, a way to take a ride on the Ether.And then, Nirjara. It’s the most mature in my point of view. The composition is deeper, and every song is really linked, the running order is not random. It’s also, the more progressive.I’ve kept an old touch in the architecture and the song written. But there is singular elements, ambiance and a long research in the riffing. I have wanted to tell a painfull story, where the soul is searching for the final light, but the path is always full of suffering, painfull memories. It’s the most singular of my 3 releases.


3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have explored so far with the music?

I especially love to write like short stories. It’s fiction. My main themes are act and consequences, the butterfly effect. The difficulty to live our emotions, our sadness, regrets.The loss of control. The chaos, destruction. With also, the lies we can read and ear everyday, from every kind of religion. For me, We have to rise ourselves, by our own way, not by following false dogmas.

4/.I know that the projects name comes from the Indian school philisophy, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in this topic?

For sure. Yes Tattva comes from the Sanskrit philosophy. There is kinds of steps, to rise and free the soul, for a new cycle, a kind of “ purification “. In sanskrit, Tattva means “ verity”, “ reality “. In indian pholisophy, no religion is involved into it. I don’t believe in gods, but in this invisible DNA that is the soul, Yes. And we carry everyday, the weight of our choices.

5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork thats is presented on the new album cover?

With pleasure. The artwork has been released by Deuteromali, a talentuous graphist. I’ve seen his work on the social network, and i was sure, we have to work together.This artwork, represent the goal for all the lost souls. The burning sun, will be their answer.A tower, like a mountain, is always an trial, and it means making a lot to climb it. The reward is not always what we expect. That’s the game. No winner, no looser, only ones who are lookinkg for answers.For this Nirjara tower, climb it, try to. Be burn in the sun, and wait to see, i you will be liberated , or not from your past.

6. With this project, you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?

Yes, for Tattva, i’ve done everything, excepted the voices, recorded in a studio, in the middle of nowhere, to be immersed at 100%. For now, i’m ok with myself. But my door is not closed for the future. Covid has an impact on everybody now, but thinking to better days. And make of Tattva a live project with musicians, is a possibility.

7. Recently you where a part of a split with ashes of old, what are your thoughts on the other solo project that had participated on the recording?

It was a great experience. Lot of challenge, like i’ve said before, and the music of Nick ( AOO) is different from mine. It’s more raw, more melodic lead guitars, and very deep voices. The interest of the split, was to show two different vision of underground music, both extreme, with a single goal : show our anger and our vision of it. Our world is sick, we wanted to show that through the 8 songs of Pure Hate Ritual.

8.The New album was released by Void Wanderer Productions, how did you get in contact with this label?

When i’ve launched my first EP, i was a new comer. I have created a bandcamp and put it on, with also an instagram account. And i’ve discovered some releases by VoidWanderer ( Grivance, dekira...). So i’ve just emailed him, to ask for a work together. He gave me very good advices and tips to improve my communication, and said to me “ i could be interested in a full lenght, send it to me when you’ll be ready”; and i’ve done it with Nirjara. And here we are now !


9/ On a worldwide level, how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?

Good, and i’m glad to see it. Because i’ve added singular elements in my music, like huge guttural voices, some modern riffing, and also a very low tuning. I’m playing in G tune, with baritone guitars, this is not the way used in classic standard black metal.Returns are positive, from fans, and from other musician. My vision of Black Metal is very minded opened. The music can be dark, black, you have to be right with yourself. Don’t try to create what people wants to ear. Create what you are.


10 . Where do you see yourself heading into a musician during the future?

Now Nirjara is achieved, i have to focus on spreading it, and also give more opportunities to people, to discover it.It was a real good moment, to create, write and record it. It’s just the beginning.I’m already thinking to the next full lenght, but i need time.I have also an other project for this year, where i’ll be the singer. A typical band, inspired by the early french first wave ( Mortifera, Mutiilation, early Alcest...)the EP is finished, and the label is currently finishing the production ( Drakkar productions )So i’m alive and will be very active this year.


11/.What are some of the bands or musical projects that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

My most influenced bands are, DeathSpell Omega, Mayhem, Penitence Onirique, Morbid Angel, Oranssi Pazuzu...especially extreme scene. Lot of Black but also Old death metal scene. Nowadays, i’m listening a lot of unknown projects, or underground, like PanzerWar, VIDE, La Mer, Asgrauw. I love loose my mind to discover new jewels.I also listen some ambient sounds or minimal music like Carboned Based LifeForms.


12. Before we wrap up this ITW, do you have any final words of thoughts?


First, Thank you again for the interest in Tattva. Then, i would like to say thank you to Void Wanderer for his work and everything. A huge thanks too, to everyone has spent a buck, or share something about Tattva and support me. The times are pretty crazy right now, so just stay safe, and believe in ourselves.

Bandcamp
Instagram
Spotify

No comments:

Post a Comment