Thursday, March 17, 2022

Ninhursag interview

 

1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the solo project these days?

1.  There is always something going on with Ninhursag, it's just that I don't really have the time to report about it on social media all the time. To be honest I'm not a big fan of all those social media platforms so it's natural that I don't have this urge to post about every single detail going on with the projects I'm working on. Currently the new EP is in the final stages of mixing and mastering, there were a lot of problems in the whole process because my PC crashed with all the recordings on it. I managed to save a lot of it but I lost the bass track. Because I still don't have all the equipment to record here in Germany, I went back to Croatia to record it again and now everything is back on track.


2.So far you have released a split and an ep, musically how do they both differ from each other?

2. EP is more personal and the direction I want the whole project going and on the split album there are more death metal parts in the song, it just turned out that way. I mean on the EP you can hear also some death metal influences but not that much as on the split album, considering Ninhursag of course. On the other part I also played in Necrolepsy which is also on the split album and it sounds more like the "traditional" old school black metal that I like a lot and listen to most of the time.  Darkthrone for me is one of the best bands of all time and you can obviously hear the influence on the split album.


3.Your lyrics are based upon Ancient Egyptian Pyramid Texts and Sumerian tablets, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in these ancient writings?

3. It's not that I'm only interested in the Ancient Egyptian and Sumerian texts. Those writings sort of fit with the music I do, it creates the atmosphere I was looking for. My whole life I've been fascinated with ancient civilizations and everything about it. Especially religion and stories of that time, because it was always more interesting for me than the things going on at the moment and the "modern"  religions we have today.


4.I know the solo project is named after a Sumerian Goddess, can you tell us a little bit more about how you are drawn to this ancient entity?

4. A lot  of my childhood I spent in the mountains, because my family is from Bosnia and Herzegovina and the landscape there is full of mountains, lakes and beautiful rivers. I love to be in nature and I grew up surrounded by it, I was never interested in living in a big city. Considering that Ninhursag is the Mother goddess of mountains it was for me a logical choice for the bands name.


5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the ep cover?

5. Artwork was all done by my friend Dario Brkic, a great artist and a musician. When I saw his work I just had to have it as an album cover, because it is dark, gloomy, obscure and it fits with the music that I'm doing perfectly. You can check his work on Instagram profile dario_brkic_ , he has a lot of interesting content. Together we founded Necrolepsy and we are the only members of the band, it was something we talked about and planned  for a long time.


6.With this project you record everything by yourself but also have experience working with musicians in othe bands, how would you compare the two?

6. Ninhursag is more personal, something I do to express myself, my own self and nature. It's really natural for me to create that kind of music and atmosphere, it just happens without forcing or thinking about anything. When I'm playing with the other bands there's time I hit a wall, I need to think about what the next riff or measure should be, and there are limitations because of the genre that you're playing and going for, that type of thing. But I love playing with other musicians because I sort of push myself more. 


7.Recently you have re-located to Germany, can you tell us a little bit more about the move?

7. I moved to Germany purely because of the job I do. I don't really know for how long I'm going to be here, but if by any chance I stay here longer than I wanted to, I'll need to move to a less populated place. As I sad before, not a big fan of cities.


8.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?

8. There was a lot of positive feedback, it really surprised me. There are really a lot of black metal bands out there, and it's great that there are people that like the music I invested my time and myself into.


9.What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that you are a part of?


9. I'm always playing something on a guitar so there are always some ideas coming out of my head. The only thing I can say now is that my next visit to Croatia will be spent in a studio recording the new material.


10.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?

10. Full length album will be done after I finish this whole thing with EP released in three parts. I already have the concept of the album in my head, but for now it will need to wait until the right time comes for the realization of those ideas.


11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that you are listening to nowadays?

11.  I really listen to a lot of music every day, from classical to metal and everything in between. I could talk about it for hours, but most recently I'm in a mood for Boss HM-2 so there's a lot Swedish bands on the playlist these days


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts? 

12. This was a really interesting interview, thank you for the support and I wish all the readers better year then the last two, stay safe and take care in this strange times, cheers 


No comments:

Post a Comment