Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Midnight Loss Interview

 

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?

1 Midnight Loss was formed by me (Neito Kevorkian) while I was in a internship, in 2018. Later, in 2019 other members came and gone. I wrote the lyrics of the first EP while I was still in the clinic. When I'm free, I started to record.


2.A few months back you had released a new ep, musically how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?

2 Besides the absence of bass, I was cutting myself sometime when I was screaming, what makes the voice sound desperate!


3.With the exception of a couple of full lengths, demo and an ep, a lot of your releases have singles, can you tell us a little bit more about going into this direction?

3 Let's talk about Annylou, our very first single. Besides the song is a trash in my opinion, it have a special meaning to me. Because my feelings when I lost my lover Ana Luiza are registered in this song. Ana Luiza = Annylou. The same goes to the same direction, but carrying different kinds of emotions (like Dope Two, Ciclo Interrompido, Orange Skies Of The Afternoon)...


4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band has explored so far with the music?

4 Addiction, Despair, Alcoholism, Loneliness, Apathy, Suicide... Whatever that comes to my mind


5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Midnight Loss'?


5 I was writing "Loss" (from the EP Stuck Happiness) in the clinic and then I look to the clock... Oh, it's midnight! Hmm, Loss, midnight... Midnight Loss! Nothing creative



6.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the ep cover?

6 Nothing like a rainy day in a monochrome lifeless city, huh? 


7.Most of the band members live in Brazil while some live in Mexico, what impact does this have on the musical style that you play?

7 not only Brazil and Mexico... We already had Frick (Sweden), Ashe (USA), Ghost Writer (Germany). People come and go, that's why every each release sound so different from previous.


8.Has the band done any live shows or open to the idea?

8 We almost played last year, but we couldn't deal with a guy who was troubling us. Later, others left too and it never happened. But, if I get the right people, I'm up to this.



9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of depressive black metal?


9 They started to follow us with the release of "área de descarga" and it goes until the release of the third album, "A Perda da Meia Noite". After this, things happened, people started hating me without give me a chance to explain... I don't know how much I lost, but I don't care anymore.


10.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?

10 Few days ago I "Frozen" the band. We will be back, but not for now. I need time to bettering myself as a musician to do instruments by myself like the early releases, but improved. So, for a while, I'll focus on Kuthran (I'm the vocalist of it since 3 weeks and we had already released one single "Abatido Y Podrido". When I feel it's time to, Midnight Loss will back harder and blacken than ever before!


11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you  listening to nowadays?

11 The first DSBM I ever get interested was Nocturnal Depression and most of my vocals on early releases were inspired by Lord Lokhraed. Later, on the second EP "Impenetrable Darkness" I was more like a blend of Lifelover and Austere (yes). "area de descarga" I can't even figure out what is that, neither "D O P E". These are my main influences. About what I listen nowadays I can say Kanashimi, Woods Of Infinity, Hysteria, Bella Dosis, Electric Wizard, Mr. Bungle, Mushroomhead, Apati, Psychonaut 4,  Julien-K and... Avenged Sevenfold


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?  

12 First of all, thank you for giving me space. I would like to thank everyone who listen to my music and recognize with it. I make it pulling out from the bottom of my soul and it feels just fine. In the case of one of yours has stopped to listen to me due to things that people talk at my back, feel free to message Midnight Loss fb page to erase your doubts.

Well... I just want to thank you all, hailing from Brazil! Try to stay alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment